Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Home Based FFL in DELCO

Do any of the members have a home based FFL in Delco. I am looking to get my FFL here in delco since all of the gun shops seem to be closing down. Any thoughts.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Home Based FFL in DELCO

Difficult now to get home based FFL. The ATF will report to your local town that a retail firearm business is being established at your address. If the place where the FFL is being placed is not zoned commercial via town ordinance, the town will notify the ATF protesting the issuance of such license and your request will be denied. The ATF policy of notifying local governments was started with Clinton to cut down the number of FFL holders. His ploy was very successful in doing just that, there is only about 25% of FFLs now compared to 15 years ago.

Hi,
    This is arora. I am currently a home based FFL in the State of Indiana and am relocating to the greater Philadelphia area. Are home based type 07/02 NF A manufactures allowed anywhere close to the philly area.

===================

arora

Last edited by RocketFoot; January 22nd, 2009 at 07:54 AM.

(Delaware County)

I know of 4 home based FFL holders within 5 miles of my address. Two of them are within several hundred yards of my address. I am 20 min south of center city philadelphia. Does that help? However they all have been established ofr over 20 years.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by arora View Post
    Hi,
    This is arora. I am currently a home based FFL in the State of Indiana and am relocating to the greater Philadelphia area. Are home based type 07/02 NF A manufactures allowed anywhere close to the philly area.

===================

arora
    Hmmm... Maybe you should look into the Ambler area, I'd be happy to help you unpack, and get settled in... I'll even bring the beer

(Delaware County)

This guy is great:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/shops-20/4600...re-county.html

He's in Aston, PA.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by arora View Post
    Hi,

===================

arora

I was just wondering are there any restrictions in indaina for home based FFl? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Difficult now to get home based FFL. The ATF will report to your local town that a retail firearm business is being established at your address. If the place where the FFL is being placed is not zoned commercial via town ordinance, the town will notify the ATF protesting the issuance of such license and your request will be denied. The ATF policy of notifying local governments was started with Clinton to cut down the number of FFL holders. His ploy was very successful in doing just that, there is only about 25% of FFLs now compared to 15 years ago.
    About 4 weeks ago I had my final inspection for a 01 FFL in my home. The agent told me that the applications for FFL's had doubled since the election and that guns sales were up by about the same amount. Either real or not people are afraid of something and I could not say what it is as life in lower Delaware has changed very little since the Election. I was fortunate and the County was wonderful and gave me permission in writing to have a in home based gun business for the retail sales of guns, repair and maintanance of guns, stocking of firearms and ammunition and all accessories for guns. And the list goes on of how specific they were in letting me do just about anything I wanted to do. I think the key to getting it is in the preperation you do in getting your paperwork in order. If you are considering a FFL in your home get all your Zoning issues settled before you even apply. That includes your local Home owners association if you have one. Have your business licenses for retail sales in hand and if you are going to do gunsmith work a license for general services also. In Delaware you also have to have a Professional license for the sale of deadly weapons. There you have to have your FFL 01 in hand, your business license in hand, and another background check for them done within the past 6 months, even though you just did one for your FFL they want the extra bucks for another one. After all that and you have your FFL, your State business license, your State Professional license, your NICS information and keyword, you will finaly be able to open your doors. Be carefull what you put down for your hours and you can no longer say by appointment only as whatever you put down for hours the BATF can enter your home during those hours unanounced and inspect your books and your operation. Any personal guns need to be in a sepperate bound book and if they are in the same area with your guns for sale tagged as a personal weapon and not for sale. Brownells sells both the books and tags for a very reasonable price that meet all the BATF requirements. I applied in January and received my license in April. A lot of wait time but it was not a hard process and at no time did the agent or BATF give me any hard time at all as he offered to answer any questions I had at any time.
    Dave www.heguns.com