Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Harrased by PPD. Vehicle and 1x Round of Ammunition confiscated.

And they stole my vehicles Pink Slip and Sunglasses too!

Today I stopped in Best Buy on my way home to buy a music CD. While I'm browsing the CD's I'm approached by an older guy telling me I can't carry like that in Philadelphia. I asked him if he was a Cop or a Lawyer and he said No, so I told him. I know the Law. He proceeded to follow me around the store harassing me and then called the cops to report a MWAG, following me around giving them my description and our location etc. I pay for my CD, leave the store get in my work van to leave and he follows me all of the way out, gets in his car and follows me down the street. None of the Best Buy Employees said a word to me, and neither did anyone else. The store employees rang me up and that was all.

I get down the road a few lights and I'm pulled over by a PPD car. I pull over immediately and he approaches my car with his gun drawn and says to me put your hands out of the vehicle. So I'm sitting there with my hands outside of the truck as he approaches me with his gun drawn and so it begins with the insulting "You're an idiot" "What do you think you are, John Wayne?" begins. 7 more Cops arrive and there's a total of 8. 3 cars and a van. In between their bullshit comments they open the door, unbuckle my seat belt and take my whole holster off of my right side.

They grab my arms and make me step out and Immediately begin searching the work van and my pockets. They take my wallet and take out my LTCF and my Driver's License. They're all insulting me and rambling nonsense that even disagrees with each other about how it's illegal to open carry in Philadelphia. A Sergeant arrives and has to tell them all, It's legal to open carry in Philadelphia. He tells them it was changed recently. The sergeant also goes to the guy who was following and harassing me and tells him that recently it was changed to make Open Carry legal in Philadelphia.

They all stand around complaining about how they had to stop watching TV because of me (this asshole) and take turns telling me how stupid and irresponsible I am.

I'm standing behind my work van with my hands against the van for about 45 minutes and eventually they start to leave 1 by 1 and they run the Tag on my work van and ask me who's is it. I tell them it's "My companies delivery van" the cop said back "Not anymore". They said it's not registered so I asked to get the paperwork out of the Van. They let me and I show them the pink slip. They insist the van is not registered so they're going to impound it.

They write me two tickets. One says "Unlawful Tag Display" and the other says "Tag registered to a Dodge". About an hour later of standing there while they sit in their cop van watching their little TV they give me my tickets, a copy of the Live Stop paper, my LTCF, my License, my Glock (Chamber open, unholstered, they took all of my ammunition out of my two magazines and gave me them back in a pile) They told me they think Hollow Points are illegal and kept one of the rounds. They had to ask me if they were Hollow Points because apparently they didn't even know. They also never returned my Sunglasses which they snatched form my face in the beginning so they could "See who we're dealing with." and before I leave the cop tells me he's lucky the Sergeant was there or this wouldn't have happened this way.

If ViperGTS did not have his encounter with PPD and have his gun stolen, then I would have been ViperGTS and my gun would have been stolen.

Names and places have been intentionally omitted. Anyone know the name and number of a good Lawyer who is familiar with the PDD corruption?
    Last edited by ByblosHex; November 14th, 2010 at 06:43 PM.

(Venango County)

Default Re: Harrased by PPD. Vehicle and 1x Round of Ammunition confiscated.

Waiting to hear more details.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Berks County)

STFU and get a lawyer!

(Delaware County)

Stfu and get a lawyer is right

But update
    When able!

(Montgomery County)

Story posted.

Seems like the Philly PD has set its sights on stealing the "most corrupt" title from the Chicago PD.

Oh well, I guess it's good to have goals...
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(Venango County)

When the guy started following me, I would have called the cops on him for harassment.

Secondly, I like how OC has been "recently allowed" in Philthy.

Personally, with this info, I would edit, and get ahold of viper. See who he has worked with. This is just getting ridiculous any more.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Montgomery County)

There is a big difference between "corrupt" and "inept." Corrupt would imply that the individuals in the department were doing something they should not and profiting from it. Inept would indicate that they performed poorly at their job (enforcing the law). I prefer to consider this an excellent of inept law enforcement.

It is regrettable that you had to go through this debacle. It is my sincere hope that the court system will "make you whole." However, it is quite hard to have your rights restored when they were trampled.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Franklin County)

Maybe I'm slow. Did anyone else pick up on anything that might possible be RAS for a lawful Terry stop?

Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Maybe I'm slow. Did anyone else pick up on anything that might possible be RAS for a lawful Terry stop?

I doubt there was any RAS. Sound like the PPD made up the law as they went on this one...
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast