http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2...7418400120.txt

i had no idea tommy miccozzi was so anti-gun
    FJB

(Delaware County)

Default Re: UP IN ARMS IN UPPER DARBY

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2...7418400120.txt

i had no idea tommy miccozzi was so anti-gun
    Chitwood and Tommy have never been our best friends.
    This will come out as a zoning issue only, unless the guy takes it to court.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Clinton County)

To me this seems more like a zoning issue than a Gun issue. But it appears some are making it a gun issue.

The one that said. “I was taken aback,” “This is a quiet, peaceful block with lots of kids all around. We don’t need that type of business here and the types of personalities it would attract.”

Would you want people like us gun owners being near Kids? What is wrong with you.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Luv2Hunt View Post
    To me this seems more like a zoning issue than a Gun issue. But it appears some are making it a gun issue.

Would you want people like us gun owners being near Kids? What is wrong with you.
    Agreed. I don't see this much as a gun issue.

Honestly, be careful with the term, "us gun owners". I have to admit, I would oppose anyone opening a shop near my home. Regardless of the owners character. Hang in shops long enough and you see idiots sweeping the room with their carry pistols, etc. I'll get slammed for saying it, but I've seen it too many times. Heck, in one local shop, the guy behind the counter shot himself in the hand! Just as I am a hunter, I am often embarassed by other hunters. We are all embassadors of firearms and shooting sports. Unfortunately, some are better embassadors than others.

Agreed, this looks like an Internet type business. But with gunsmithing involved, it stands to reason that folks will be coming/going with firearms. While servicing these customers in a commercial area doesn't remove the risk of discharge, etc., it does reduce the risk of a bullet travelling out of shop and into someone's living room.

he check with the batf and he doesn't have a license...

... Dewed, learn the laws, before he can get a license, he needs a location.

what BS anti spin...

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    Agreed. I don't see this much as a gun issue.

Honestly, be careful with the term, "us gun owners". I have to admit, I would oppose anyone opening a shop near my home. Regardless of the owners character. Hang in shops long enough and you see idiots sweeping the room with their carry pistols, etc. I'll get slammed for saying it, but I've seen it too many times. Heck, in one local shop, the guy behind the counter shot himself in the hand! Just as I am a hunter, I am often embarassed by other hunters. We are all embassadors of firearms and shooting sports. Unfortunately, some are better embassadors than others.

Agreed, this looks like an Internet type business. But with gunsmithing involved, it stands to reason that folks will be coming/going with firearms. While servicing these customers in a commercial area doesn't remove the risk of discharge, etc., it does reduce the risk of a bullet travelling out of shop and into someone's living room.
    a friend of mine runs a smith shop out of his garage in havertown, people coming and going daily with arms, nothing has happened yet.
    actually, the drexel hill residence is pretty much bullet proof except for the ceiling and garage door. probably a lot safer than a typical pad site store front (dry wall, metal studs). i have no problem with this type of business in a residential area, i wish he was my neighbor.
    FJB

(York County)

From the new article:
    Wagner, who represents the 3rd District, said the response from residents has been overwhelming.

“They don’t want it to happen and I don’t want it to happen, and I will testify against it,” he said. “I will testify it is a bad thing for the community, and I hope the zoning board won’t approve it.

“It’s inconsistent with the character of the residential community. This is a commercial enterprise, and for that reason alone it should be in a proper commercial area. A firearms business is inherently dangerous in a residential area. There are many small children and there is a possibility for accidents.”
    These folks should be MUCH MORE CONCERNED for their community by the results of a SEX OFFENDERS search on the Megan Law website.......

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    . . . While servicing these customers in a commercial area doesn't remove the risk of discharge, etc., it does reduce the risk of a bullet travelling out of shop and into someone's living room.
    Think about that. Think about the odds of hitting a person if you went out in front of your house during business hours and fired one shot at random, into a building that's maybe 50' wide by 20' high, with one or two humans averaging 1 foot wide by 6 feet tall, with 1, 2, 3 or 4 walls between you and them.

Now stand in front of an office or a McDonald's during those same hours. They tend to be crammed full of people. With lots of glass and cheap walls. That's why terrorists don't target detached family residences in the suburbs, they go after high-density commercial uses.

If you really wanted to minimize the chances of harm from that hypothetical ND, you'd pick an upscale residential neighborhood rather than an office park, retail zone, or industrial area.

I don't recall the last time I heard about a round from a gun shop leaving the premises. That's rare even for outdoor ranges, where thousands of rounds are fired. I think the danger from gun shops is overstated, and I'd much prefer a gun shop next door instead of a High School. High School kids are reckless monsters.

(Montgomery County)

The interserting thing is that NONE of the guns will be at the Drexel Hill Location nor will the gun smithing be done there either , tthe PAPERWORK. But AFT required and address where they can come to find someone available for inspection. Neighbors thinks that it will attact worng crowd, so they went to news media and newspapers about it. NO ONE EVER ASKED ME THE APPLICATION what I was going to do with the business, they just assumed they are knew and made a media event about it.

The gunsmithing is ONLY for a particular type of firearm and to install of a certain part that I created. But yet again no one ever asked that question of me. I need a good firearms friendly lawyer, quickly.

I have had news crews camped on my front lawn, with lights and camera point in my windows on my home, neighbors making up stories of what they have been told by local goverment and just a total blow out of the facts.

But then again why quote facts when you can make the story better by just making things up. I am suprised that have not blamed the death of Jimmy hoffa on me also.
    Last edited by Sparky45; November 15th, 2010 at 12:55 AM.
    NRA Member, Class 1 & 3 FFL Dealer, Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky45 View Post
    I need a good firearms friendly lawyer, quickly.

the guy that posted above you (gunlawyer) is the one you want to talk too.
    FJB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast