Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: END THE FED RALLY, IN PHILADELPHIA

yeah... I have never been one to believe in conspiracy theories... but I think that is how it really went down with JFK. It is the one conspiracy that the conspiracy shows on TV avoid getting into.

(Monroe County)

Being old enough, I witnessed all this first hand.

While in High School during spring of 1964, I was sitting in a study class screwing off as usual and playing with couple of bucks from my wallet. At once it was noticed that one of the bills was a brand new crisp One-Dollar Federal Reserve note. That was the first Fed Reserve one dollar note seen as there had only been Silver Certificate one dollar bills noted in circulation. Remember asking a kid sitting next to me in class to look at the Federal Reserve one dollar bill. We both agreed that the small event was probably part of something larger and sinister involving the removal of silver backed money. We were High School kids and had it already figured out. This was just a few weeks after the JFK murder in Dallas and nobody with any sense believed that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. It was already ingrained that there had been a conspiracy of some sort.

At the time, all dimes, quarters, halves and old dollar coins contained 90% silver. On demand a person could get a dollar in silver. It and life in general then was that simple! By early summer of 1964 the withdrawal of silver certificates was in full swing. There was a run on U.S. coins as the silver price climbed to $1.72 an ounce. It got so weird with a run on banks for "silver on demand", and the coin supply exhausted that by mid-summer the U.S. Treasury was issuing small sealed one-ounce bags of silver nuggets having the U.S. mint seal. There was a cut-off date sometime in late 1964 when silver certificates could no longer be exchanged for actual silver but only comparable Federal Reserve notes. Thus ended for all time American paper money that was . . . "Payable in Silver to the Bearer on Demand".

Last edited by Capt Quahog; December 5th, 2010 at 10:09 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Quahog View Post
    Being old enough, I witnessed all this first hand.

While in High School during spring of 1964, I was sitting in a study class screwing off as usual and playing with couple of bucks from my wallet. At once it was noticed that one of the bills was a brand new crisp One-Dollar Federal Reserve note. That was the first Fed Reserve one dollar note seen as there had only been Silver Certificate one dollar bills noted in circulation. Remember asking a kid sitting next to me in class to look at the Federal Reserve one dollar bill. We both agreed that the small event was probably part of something larger and sinister involving the removal of silver backed money. We were High School kids and had it already figured out. This was just a few weeks after the JFK murder in Dallas and nobody with any sense believed that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. It was already ingrained that there had been a conspiracy of some sort.

At the time, all dimes, quarters, halves and old dollar coins contained 90% silver. On demand a person could get a dollar in silver. It and life in general then was that simple! By early summer of 1964 the withdrawal of silver certificates was in full swing. There was a run on U.S. coins as the silver price climbed to $1.72 an ounce. It go so weird with a run on banks for "silver on demand", and the coin supply exhausted that by mid-summer the Treasury issuing small sealed one-ounce bags of silver nuggets having the U.S. mint seal. There was a cut-off date sometime in 1964 when silver certificates could not be exchanged for actual silver but compatible Federal Reserve notes.
    I love finding pre-'64 quarters today worth $5+!
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Monroe County)

(Delaware County)

good article on the gold standard:
    http://mises.org/daily/4846

(Montgomery County)

Exclamation Re: END THE FED RALLY, IN PHILADELPHIA

People don't talking about the stranglehold that the PRIVATE Federal Reserve Bank has on Americans, for fear of being labeled anti-semitic.

(Monroe County)

Awesome video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRzmn5sHmH0

I did not know that there was a Death Penalty attached to Government Counterfeiting!?!?!?!?! This is good stuff.

I don't agree 100% with Ron Paul on a lot of things... particularly his isolationistic position with regard to foreign affairs... but he is doing a great service to this country by shaking things up a bit. I like Ron Paul as a Fed Buster.
    Last edited by tsafa; December 19th, 2010 at 11:36 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    Awesome video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRzmn5sHmH0

I did not know that there was a Death Penalty attached to Government Counterfeiting!?!?!?!?! This is good stuff.

I don't agree 100% with Ron Paul on a lot of things... particularly his isolationistic position with regard to foreign affairs... but he is doing a great service to this country by shaking things up a bit. I like Ron Paul as a Fed Buster.
    Ron Paul isn't an isolationist. most people who throw that term around are actually the people who propose an isolationist policy (I'm talking more in terms of politicians and not you directly).

He wants to commerce with all nations and not invade every continent on earth over false pretenses. that's non-interventionist and not being isolationist.
    Last edited by andrewjs18; December 19th, 2010 at 11:50 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456