Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Bucks County Apartment Searching

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    What else would you expect? If you don't pay for it, you don't respect it.
    It would be nice if they advertised that they contained section 8 housing on their website so I knew to avoid them. :P

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ByblosHex View Post
    It would be nice if they advertised that they contained section 8 housing on their website so I knew to avoid them. :P
    I'm sure that anti-discrimination policies forbid mention of it. Your best bet is to visit the place you're renting from multiple times, most notably at night time between 10 pm and 2 am. See what kind of nocturnal activity goes on.

I remember finding a great apartment in what appeared to be a nice complex in Lansdale about eight years ago. I almost signed the lease but held off to do what I just suggested. I arrived at the tail-end of what appeared to be a massive drug raid. LOTS of cop cars, dogs, and more.

This can happen anywhere, but still, be careful. It's a shame you're not looking in upper Bucks. We have some fairly inexpensive places to live, and it would be easy to find something in your price range.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    I'm sure that anti-discrimination policies forbid mention of it. Your best bet is to visit the place you're renting from multiple times, most notably at night time between 10 pm and 2 am. See what kind of nocturnal activity goes on.

I remember finding a great apartment in what appeared to be a nice complex in Lansdale about eight years ago. I almost signed the lease but held off to do what I just suggested. I arrived at the tail-end of what appeared to be a massive drug raid. LOTS of cop cars, dogs, and more.

This can happen anywhere, but still, be careful. It's a shame you're not looking in upper Bucks. We have some fairly inexpensive places to live, and it would be easy to find something in your price range.
    I'm not at all opposed to moving into Upper Bucks. I'm just not at all familiar with it. Any suggestion is a welcome suggestion.

I'm trying to avoid Phaildelphia, Section 8 Housing complexes, Places with shitty parking lots, places with bad maintenance and places with asanine financial requirements. We were looking at one apartment complex, "Glenn Hollow" and to apply they require provable earned income of equal to or greater value of at least 3 months rent. That's $990x3=$2970 and is a little more than I make a month. So I look into moving in with a co-signer. Co-signer must make at minimum 6 TIMES monthy rent. That's $990x6, you do the math!!! If I had that kind of money, do you really think I would be moving into that apartment?!

(Berks County)

I'm not at all opposed to moving into Upper Bucks. I'm just not at all familiar with it. Any suggestion is a welcome suggestion.

I'm trying to avoid Phaildelphia, Section 8 Housing complexes, Places with shitty parking lots, places with bad maintenance and places with asanine financial requirements. We were looking at one apartment complex, "Glenn Hollow" and to apply they require provable earned income of equal to or greater value of at least 3 months rent. That's $990x3=$2970 and is a little more than I make a month. So I look into moving in with a co-signer. Co-signer must make at minimum 6 TIMES monthy rent. That's $990x6, you do the math!!! If I had that kind of money, do you really think I would be moving into that apartment?!
    Check Dublin and Quakertown. Look for an advertisement called the Penny Power, they always have rentals. You can probably find them online.

(Montgomery County)

Its a shame they had those kind of requirements cuz I really liked that place. But in all seriousness if you made that much money a month, why would you rent an apartment... just buy a house. LOL I am sure we will find something, hun. We still have some time before my lease is up. As long as we keep looking and keep our options open we should be ok.

I'm ok with Upper Bucks too. I kinda sorta know my way around Quakertown and Sellersville. But anywhere is fine with me as long as I got my baby beside me and we are not in Philly. LOL
    Last edited by AHenshaw; November 19th, 2010 at 05:00 PM.

(Bucks County)

If you're looking around the Warminster, Hatboro, Willow Grove area, "Fox run apts" is very nice, clean and not overly priced with easy access to County line and Street roads and just a few min to the PA turnpike and rte 611
    Hoppes #9 should be a scent in the perfume section of every store.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12