Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Talking about your first OC experience seems to be the thing to do, so here's mine.

Hey guys, I know I don't post on PAFOA a lot, but I finally got a gun that isn't a ridiculous looking .22LR (Beretta Neos, anyone?) and decided to get a cheap belt holster for it (Uncle Mike's Sidekick, from one of my local dealers, mostly because I like him and want to support his business, plus it was only $12, and I can get something 'nice' in the future once I get my LTCF) and decided to wear it around for a bit. Being... uh... festively plump (I'm a big guy, 6'3", 300lbs, spare tire, you've seen the body type.) I decided to put it at 6oclock, since it felt the most comfortable there.

My first trip out with it on was with my fiancee and her sister. Her sister refused to be seen with me (Probably because she's a bit of a pothead and has had a few run-ins with the police over the last few years..) so she ran off, but other than that, nobody at the mall or WalMart gave half a damn.

The next day I had to run out to WalMart for some more stuff, yet again, nobody cared.

Last night I went to WalMart again to pick up a copy of Super Mario Galaxy (Less money for ammunition ) and the guy who went to get it out of the case for me mentioned that it was rare for him to see anyone open carrying, and that if the management saw it, they'd probably have a few choice words for me. Then we got off on the topic of our gun collections, etc., so I think it was more of a segue into conversation than a flat out "Hey watch out."

I guess the moral of the story is Indiana, PA doesn't give a damn about someone open carrying. Either that or my all-black outfit and an all-black gun (Glock 17) with an all-black holster didn't really make it very obvious.

All in all, I'll be carrying openly from now until I get my LTCF (I just need one more character witness. It's hard to find two people I know who are both over 21 AND have lived in Indiana County for three years straight.)

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Talking about your first OC experience seems to be the thing to do, so here's min

Aran,
    Thus far, my experiences have shown that I could string a set of battery operated Christmas lights around my waist, and the Handgun would still go unnoticed.

Congrats on experiencing the feeling of true freedom.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Default Re: Talking about your first OC experience seems to be the thing to do, so here's min

Cool...first open carrying experience is a lot like first other things...increased heart rate, palms sweaty, increased alertness, etc, etc.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post
    Hey guys, I know I don't post on PAFOA a lot, but I finally got a gun that isn't a ridiculous looking .22LR (Beretta Neos, anyone?) and decided to get a cheap belt holster for it (Uncle Mike's Sidekick, from one of my local dealers, mostly because I like him and want to support his business, plus it was only $12, and I can get something 'nice' in the future once I get my LTCF) and decided to wear it around for a bit. Being... uh... festively plump (I'm a big guy, 6'3", 300lbs, spare tire, you've seen the body type.) I decided to put it at 6oclock, since it felt the most comfortable there.

My first trip out with it on was with my fiancee and her sister. Her sister refused to be seen with me (Probably because she's a bit of a pothead and has had a few run-ins with the police over the last few years..) so she ran off, but other than that, nobody at the mall or WalMart gave half a damn.

The next day I had to run out to WalMart for some more stuff, yet again, nobody cared.

Last night I went to WalMart again to pick up a copy of Super Mario Galaxy (Less money for ammunition ) and the guy who went to get it out of the case for me mentioned that it was rare for him to see anyone open carrying, and that if the management saw it, they'd probably have a few choice words for me. Then we got off on the topic of our gun collections, etc., so I think it was more of a segue into conversation than a flat out "Hey watch out."

I guess the moral of the story is Indiana, PA doesn't give a damn about someone open carrying. Either that or my all-black outfit and an all-black gun (Glock 17) with an all-black holster didn't really make it very obvious.

All in all, I'll be carrying openly from now until I get my LTCF (I just need one more character witness. It's hard to find two people I know who are both over 21 AND have lived in Indiana County for three years straight.)
    Ermmm..one question....How did you GET to Wal-Mart..because carrying in a car requires an LTCF

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Indiana County)

... *cough*

Okay, so I had the mag in the center console and the gun itself was in the trunk, and I grabbed both on my way in.

Though I've been wearing it every time I have pants on... and I'll have you know, that's not very often. :P

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post
    Though I've been wearing it every time I have pants on... and I'll have you know, that's not very often. :P
    Yeah that's a little too much information .

Way to go. I don't have much interest in OC because I have never been one that likes attention, but respect those that do.
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." - Elbert Hubbard

(Indiana County)

Too much information could save your life one day.

(Snyder County)

Congrats on the new gun purchase and your uneventful OC!

(Montgomery County)

Quote" Though I've been wearing it every time I have pants on... and I'll have you know, that's not very often"

I just had a visual of a 300lb man not wearing pants- thanks

(Indiana County)

Any time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast