Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Practical Rifle .22 Rimfire Match at LRGC

20 rounds kneeling/concealed with 10 each strong/weak at 25
    Ouch!

I have a RH thumbhole stock.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Montgomery County)

I was amazed at some of the scores at 50 yards. We had several perfect scores on the Mozambique drill. That's not easy to do!

(Bucks County)

Awesome shoot today everyone! That was the most fun I've had shooting in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Ouch!

I have a RH thumbhole stock.
    Tell me about it, I'm running the same setup. It was very awkward!

(Montgomery County)

Also it was great to see so many lady shooters with us today!

Quote Originally Posted by Lastdefender View Post
    I was amazed at some of the scores at 50 yards. We had several perfect scores on the Mozambique drill. That's not easy to do!
    Indeed we did have some fine shooters and not a prima donna (that I saw) in the crowd. It was nice to have women there as well. As the father of four daughters I like to see women involved in such events.

Gary, you mentioned doing this again next year. Why wait that long, it was successful and very enjoyable. There are some out there such as myself who would avail themselves to centerfire shoots, if we had a centerfire. I've got two in college and one starting this January, the cost of a proper rifle just isn't in the cards right now. A .22 match lets us indulge in the sport without costing more than we can in good conscience gather. It certainly allowed me to grasp my weaknesses so that I can work on those and find improvement. I would imagine this event run 4 times a year would be sold out.

You have no idea how juiced up this got me. I'm on a high here. I'm sure I scored low but I don't care at all. I had a great time. In fact scoring poorly only gives me room to improve. I'm going to enjoy bumping up my scores till I get to the point I can lay the slat on it's side and slice it with my first shot.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    I would do another 22 shoot in a heartbeat. Also, my fiancé (she's the one that had the pink 10/22) doesn't have a centerfire rifle either, and getting one is out of the picture right now.

(Monroe County)

Lady with a Rosco was going to shoot also.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Bucks County)

Good Shoot!!!

We should have figured out how to tell the PAFOA'ers from the rest of the crowd though.

There were quite a few high scores. I suffered a few problems also, mostly due to the sun beating a hole in my eyeball through the scope. I did get to see how well my T/C Benchmark stood up to some higher end 10/22's though. Im thinking of teying to get some guys together to shoot for groups though which gave me an idea.

Theres a club in MD that does a Mouse gun 3 gun with a bolt action stage for groups, stages similar to what we shot for the auto rifles and also as stage for .22 pistols.

Lets say paint balls at 100yrds for the bolt guns, scored targets for the autos at 50 and timed balloons or dingers for the pistols.

Wacho tink?

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    I would do another 22 shoot in a heartbeat. Also, my fiancé (she's the one that had the pink 10/22) doesn't have a centerfire rifle either, and getting one is out of the picture right now.
    Shows how much I paid attention to what was there, for some reason I thought it was an AR-22 or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    Good Shoot!!!

We should have figured out how to tell the PAFOA'ers from the rest of the crowd though.

There were quite a few high scores. I suffered a few problems also, mostly due to the sun beating a hole in my eyeball through the scope. I did get to see how well my T/C Benchmark stood up to some higher end 10/22's though. Im thinking of teying to get some guys together to shoot for groups though which gave me an idea.

Theres a club in MD that does a Mouse gun 3 gun with a bolt action stage for groups, stages similar to what we shot for the auto rifles and also as stage for .22 pistols.

Lets say paint balls at 100yrds for the bolt guns, scored targets for the autos at 50 and timed balloons or dingers for the pistols.

Wacho tink?

I meant to post something about that before the match but somehow I dropped that ball. Best I can do now is say I was the 6' skinnyish bald guy with a beard in a camo jacket and a stock 10/22. You may also have noticed I was rubbing my back on posts because my back was itching so damn bad. It's worse this morning. I've had lots of stitches in my life and chunks of my scalp removed but for some reason this one is more intense than the usual.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast