Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default About carrying on school property.....

Wonder what this woman's thoughts would be??

http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=7362960

Campus Alert at LCCC

Wednesday, November 14, 10:45 p.m.
    By Bianca Barr

Luzerne County Community College stepped up security on Wednesday after a young woman said she was accosted by a man on campus. An email alert was sent to students at staff at the college in Nanticoke.

According to LCCC officials, the woman in her 20s said the incident happened on Tuesday. She told them she encountered a man in his 30s while walking to her car. Authorities said, at first, he only talked to her, but she ignored him. Then things got physical.

"He grabbed her arm," said Thomas Merlie, the Deputy Director of Campus Security and Safety at LCCC. "At that time she screamed, yelled and got away from him and ran to her car in the parking lot."

The woman filed a report about the incident on Wednesday, and additional security patrols were added around the campus.

"We have extra security on now and we will be patrolling our campus very heavily. We always do that, but an incident like this, we'll put more people out there," said Merlie.

Lindsey Thomas is a student at LCCC. She said she always carries pepper spray with her and walks to class with a friend.

"You don't know who's out there," said Thomas. "You don't know, so you can never be too safe. So, you do what you have to do to protect yourself."

Officials at LCCC said the woman did not know the man who grabbed her arm, and they are not sure if he is a student at the college.

Default Re: About carrying on school property.....

Perhaps it is time for every American campus to institute an education program for these young'uns to learn firearm safety and "gun control" from the inside. Utah campuses do not have these problems. Even a drunk moron will not attempt to grab our daughters when they know a pistol might get shoved into their private parts...or worse!!!
    Think about it!
    mrwildroot
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

(Snyder County)

I saw this on the news this morning as the wife and I were eating breakfast. This is the part that stood out to me:

"You don't know who's out there," said Thomas. "You don't know, so you can never be too safe. So, you do what you have to do to protect yourself."
    But you can only do so much when you are not allowed to carry a weapon onto campus to protect yourself. If I went to that college, I would be writing letters like crazy (and still might as a concerned citizen) that their policy to forbid firearms on campus is putting students at harm.

I said to my wife as were walking upstairs after seeing this "Yeah, they could do so much more to protect themselves if they were not forced to disarm themselves anytime they set foot on campus."

(Cumberland County)

You are allowed to carry on college campuses. The law only restricts carry on K-12 grade.

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by crjoe View Post
    You are allowed to carry on college campuses. The law only restricts carry on K-12 grade.
    I am well aware of that. But there is a rule that LCCC has that states you are not allowded to carry handguns (or weapons for that matter) on the campus. While you legally are allowded to carry, if you are a student and are caught with a handgun, you will probably be expelled. And then try to get into another college after being expelled for having a weapon. My bet is that not many universities are going to allow you to enroll. So your hopes and dreams of a college education are down the drain.

Again, I know what the law states, but LCCC has its own rules that the students must abide by.