Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default How do we get rid of the current NRA-ILA state liaison?

I have talked to some of the members that were down fighting for HB 40. Also have read the thread. It seems the NRA-ILA state liaison sold us down the river.

Is there any way to get rid of him? Would it do any good? Do you believe he got his marching orders directly from the NRA-ILA or did he make his own agenda?

I know I asked alot of questions but is this an avenue that can be pursued.
    Last edited by B2Luv2Hunt; November 6th, 2010 at 06:56 AM.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Default Re: How do we get rid of the current NRA-ILA state liaison?

Quote Originally Posted by B2Luv2Hunt View Post
    I have talk to some of the members that were down fighting for HB 40. Also have read the thread. It seems the NRA-ILA state liaison sold us down the river.

Is there any way to get rid of him? Would it do any good? Do you believe he got his marching orders directly from the NRA-ILA or did he make his own agenda?

I know I asked alot of questions but is this an avenue that can be pursued.
    Sold "us" down the river as PA resident gun owners, or "us" as PAFOA forum subscribers? Also, how did he "sell us down the river"? I'm not being a smart ass, I am unaware of what is going on.
    Jules

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Sold "us" down the river as PA resident gun owners, or "us" as PAFOA forum subscribers? Also, how did he "sell us down the river"? I'm not being a smart ass, I am unaware of what is going on.
    Jules
    As PA Gun owners.

From HB 40 Thread and from HB 1926 push for concurrence vote thread.This is from WhiteFeather below.

Just got off the phone with Rep Perry, Nov 5, 2010 2:58 pm spoke to him for several minutes.

Leadership sent the memo out there is no scheduled voting session days, no real will do anything and nothing can be done to leadership as they are gone.

So ITS A DONE DEAL

............................CASTLE DOCTRINE IS DEAD
    .................................................. ............... unless there is some miracle in the last few session days

As to the future in 2011-2012 session

Asked Rep Perry about getting HB 1 said he is going to ask IF he can keep HB 40 for the 2011-2012 session since everyone already knows this number.
    Which is a dang good idea BTW.

Rep Perry also said well get HB 40 done next session.....

Rep Perry also wanted to express his many thanks to all the people that supported HB 40, that contacted ALL the Reps, made this important enough to get us this far.

Only One step from the governor's desk...

Before the sell out by the Republican leadership senator Pileggi and the NRA-ILA state liaison (in my opinion) sold us out to do this stupid amendment to HB 1926 so two bills PA really could have used didn't get passed thanks to NRA-ILA screwing all of US.~ANGER OFF~

~POSITIVE ON~

Perseverance is what it takes in politics, its taken many year to remove anti-gun Reps like Levdansky. If it was easy, it wouldn’t hold such value

Kim Stolfer and I wish to extend special big THANK YOU to everyone that contacted the Reps, took the time to come attend one of interactive legislative lobbying events / 2nd rallies in harrisburg. ALL of you that got involved stepped up and did your part to get US this close, makes me proud to be a member of PAFOA.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Activism...... where you as a individual working with like minded people can and do make a differance.

We will get this in next session and IF more of you wish to get more involved maybe some more Pro gun bills as well
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...h-page-25.html
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Montgomery County)

When we (FOAC) were at the capitol for the vote, after lunch, 3 of us went to see a Senator.
    (I think it was Tim, Andrew and I. Guys please correct me on who and details)
    John (NRA rep) called just as we walked in. We found this a little odd as John was upstairs going in and out of the Caucus room and up and down the hall trying to talk to as many Senators as possible. He knew that this Senator was not in his office.
    So we got to talk to one of the Senators staff. He told us that John was trying to push amendments to get the bill passed. What amendments, he said he did not know.

There should be no compromise when it comes to our rights.
    Those that have paid attention have learned when we give them an inch, they take a mile.

I suggest to keep an eye on whats happening in Wisconsin.
    Wisconsin Carry Inc. (WCI) wants a simple law repealed that would allow no-permit carry. (And concealed carry). Many of the new politicians ran on this platform.
    The NRA is already contacting the new politicians for a permit system. One kind of like what we have here in PA that adds a whole bunch of bureaucratic red tape, a new state department, employees and has a huge price tag.
    (I shake my head and ask, why, why, why)

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
    Benjamin Franklin
    Poor Richard's Almanack (1738)
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Lawrence County)

Could someone that was there spell out to us, in this thread not the 200 pg. one, exactly what happened and how the NRA rep sold us out? I know about the bill being attached to another one and sent back to the house where there was no time to do anything with it but I don't know the details of why this was done or how the NRA rep and Senator Pileggi were involved. My NRA membership is coming due and I would like all the facts before I decide if I will renew or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kadar View Post
    The NRA is already contacting the new politicians for a permit system. One kind of like what we have here in PA that adds a whole bunch of bureaucratic red tape, a new state department, employees and has a huge price tag.
    (I shake my head and ask, why, why, why)
    I can tell you exactly why. The NRA is a sellout. They are not interested in your rights, my rights, or anyone's rights. They are interested in the preservation of the NRA. These people all have jobs, careers even. If anyone makes progress, then we don't need them to come to our rescue, do we? If the law in WI passed, who would need the NRA-ILA anymore in WI? At least, that is how the powers that be in the NRA see it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    I can tell you exactly why. The NRA is a sellout. They are not interested in your rights, my rights, or anyone's rights. They are interested in the preservation of the NRA. These people all have jobs, careers even. If anyone makes progress, then we don't need them to come to our rescue, do we? If the law in WI passed, who would need the NRA-ILA anymore in WI? At least, that is how the powers that be in the NRA see it.

Bingo. The NRA is a business, like any other, and they have some large paychecks to write each week.

(Lycoming County)

I let my membership lapse this year. I nearly choked when I got their election issue magazine and there was a note on the cover telling me to vote for Chris Carney because he supports my rights. Paying lip service to something should not be sufficient to have that kind of money and effort behind you. Reading story after story like this one makes me think they can do without my money from now on.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by kadar View Post
    There should be no compromise when it comes to our rights.
    Those that have paid attention have learned when we give them an inch, they take a mile.
    I don't know what NRA did or didn't do on HB40, but I've been involved with enough lobbying to know that "no compromise" won't get you toward your goal - think Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    This is it right here. The NRA cannot stand that a group of citizens can get together on their own and lobby for very significant legislation that the NRA has not been able to get passed. It's a serious threat to their revenue stream when people realize the NRA is irrelevant.

I'd be willing to wager that the NRA guy was telling all the senators that the NRA would support a CD bill with some of those stupid leftist amendments if they'd let it sit until the next session. Wouldn't surprise me anyway.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast