Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default FFL and anonymity

I would like to maintain my anonymity when purchasing weapons. Not because I'm a bad person or anything, but because I don't think anyone else needs a record of what I own and keep. So what's the best way to do this? Should I look into getting my own FFL? Should I only purchase from private owners?

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: FFL and anonymity

Quote Originally Posted by jon'76 View Post
    I would like to maintain my anonymity when purchasing weapons. Not because I'm a bad person or anything, but because I don't think anyone else needs a record of what I own and keep. So what's the best way to do this? Should I look into getting my own FFL? Should I only purchase from private owners?
    LOL! Getting a FFL is the LAST thing you want to do if you wish to remain under the radar.

(Jefferson County)

No such thing as FFL and anonymity..

A FFL is for business use, not for personal acquisitions. A FFL also has to list all acquisitions in a bound book which is subject to review by the BATF and probably the LEO's if they believe some funny business is going on.

Can you acquire firearms for personal use with a FFL, yes.. but those firearms are subject to the same rules as everyone else.

If you want true anonymity, build your own firearms from 80% receivers. Or from the ground up...

In Addition:
    All handgun sales/transfers, even private, must be completed at a FFL or Sheriff. (with a few exceptions)
    Longguns can be transfered under the radar, also firearms made before 1898 and blackpowder weapons too.
    Last edited by knight0334; November 14th, 2007 at 11:12 PM.

(Allegheny County)

you cannot legally buy a handgun anonymously. the government has succesffully made sure they will know where to go confiscate them all when the time comes.

you can still purchase rifles anonymously (from the govt's standpoint) via private face-to-face (FTF) transfer with another citizen who does not have an FFL. however, many people are reluctant to sell a rifle FTF without some kind of documentation just to cover their butts in case you go and commit a crime with that rifle.

When you sign off on a FFL, you permit them access to your home/address 24/7/365 for "inspection"....I don't think so!
    It is your choice...
    mrwildroot
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

(Adams County)

Well AKs and 1911s can be built at home. I know the AKs can be built from flats (80%) with no paper trail except a receipt from the supplier if it's shipped to you.

I don't know much about 1911 building, but maybe it can be build from an 80% as well?
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jon'76 View Post
    I would like to maintain my anonymity when purchasing weapons. Not because I'm a bad person or anything, but because I don't think anyone else needs a record of what I own and keep. So what's the best way to do this?
    The ONLY way to do this is move to a state where all private sales are allowed to be off-paper.

I have an FFL and all that I can say if you buy used, FTF, from a private sale, no record

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gun-works View Post
    I have an FFL and all that I can say if you buy used, FTF, from a private sale, no record
    Sure, but PA state law disallows off-paper sales of used handguns.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
    Well AKs and 1911s can be built at home. I know the AKs can be built from flats (80%) with no paper trail except a receipt from the supplier if it's shipped to you.

I don't know much about 1911 building, but maybe it can be build from an 80% as well?
    1911 can be done too..

http://www.tanneryshop.com/80-1911.htm

They have the jigs and the 80% receivers available.

There are a few other places out there too that offer 80% 1911 goodies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast