Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holster for 9mm

(Armstrong County)

Default Holster for 9mm

Guys, I bit the bullet and went and bought a Hi Point 9mm today. My dad bought one too and we had a great time firing a bunch of rounds through them. I also recently sent in my application for LTCF and got notice that it was approved. I'm going in to get my license and picture taken Wednesday which brings me to my question, anyone know of a small of back type holster that would be good to conceal this gun?

It's a heavy gun and it's not tiny (not huge but still not tiny) and I'd like to keep it as concealed as possible so I figure small of back type would be best but I want to know everyone's opinion on the matter and I want to know if anyone has any suggestions for where to find a good one that will fit my gun?

Thanks guys!

Here's the gun: http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/hand...point_9mm.html

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Holster for 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by spider87 View Post
    Guys, I bit the bullet and went and bought a Hi Point 9mm today. My dad bought one too and we had a great time firing a bunch of rounds through them. I also recently sent in my application for LTCF and got notice that it was approved. I'm going in to get my license and picture taken Wednesday which brings me to my question, anyone know of a small of back type holster that would be good to conceal this gun?

It's a heavy gun and it's not tiny (not huge but still not tiny) and I'd like to keep it as concealed as possible so I figure small of back type would be best but I want to know everyone's opinion on the matter and I want to know if anyone has any suggestions for where to find a good one that will fit my gun?

Thanks guys!

]
    Do a search on small of the back holsters here. Most of the conclusion here (and elsewhere) is "It is not a great idea", because the risk of injury to the spine is so great, should you happen to fall, flop the motorcycle, or crash the flivver somehow.

Crossdraw is probably best for vehicle cary, but most prefer @ 3:00 position. IWB, on the belt.

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

What he said. Plus SOB makes it hard to defend from a gun grab, while putting you in a chicken wing every time you draw......before you sweep half the room.

I'd go with a belt holster strong side, or an appendix rig. You probaly won't find any kydex or leather holsters for that gun so your best bet is some kind of nylon deal.

Or a clipdraw. You can get a universal clipdraw and carry wherever you want without changing holsters or trying to find a holster that works for the gun you've chosen.

http://www.clipdraw.com/store/index....on=show_detail

For what you got? Get a Fobus and be stylin'.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    For what you got? Get a Fobus and be stylin'.
    I'm not trying to knock it, I have a C9 as well. Fun little toy that won't break the bank.

But, I have to agree. The fobus is more than likely going to be the easiest for you to find. With a somewhat baggy shirt, it is concealable. But, picking up a nylon IWB holster wouldn't be a bad idea.

You will get a hard time for picking up a hi point. It is inevitable. It might be here, it might be at the range. But you will catch some flak for it. Don't let it get you down, and just enjoy it.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

They go bang, and we all start somewhere.

(Lawrence County)

An Uncle Mikes #15 IWB will work well for the small of the back. However what has been said about side carry is true. I have a c9 that I carry small of back because of it's size and weight it is most comfortable there. I carry my Taurus on my right side and I carry it much more often than the c9.

Knighted4

ARTICLE l SECTION 21
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.
    What part of this DON'T you understand?

(Lehigh County)

Spider, I just got myself a Crossbreed SuperTuck IWB a few weeks ago (was using the Uncle Mike's cheapie IWB before); I carry a Ruger P95, which is a fairly heavy, fat-handled gun, and as many will tell you, I am superbly pleased with the comfort and concealment of the SuperTuck. The only problem is that, looking at the Crossbreed site, they don't list the Hi-Point among the guns in their fitting drop-down menu. The SuperTuck is a leather backer with a molded Kydex face, so the shape of the gun is important. I would give them a call or an e-mail and ask if they can accommodate your particular firearm, because for $70 this holster is one of the best CC rigs out there; not only is it secure and comfortable, but you can tuck in a shirt over it (albeit loosely) for deeper concealment. It is not intended for small-of-the-back, but I suspect you'll find that with a good holster like this you won't need or want to carry that way (I used to, and got over it). If you're NRA, they also offer a 10% discount. Here's the info:
    www.crossbreedholsters.com
    888-732-5011
    info@crossbreedholsters.com

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by spider87 View Post
    Guys, I bit the bullet and went and bought a Hi Point 9mm today.
    There's not a huge variety of holsters for that gun. Try:

www.usgalco.com

...select <Online Catalog>, then select <Product search by gun model> and you'll see what they have for your gun.

Holster and accessory selection is something I always advise people to research first, before buying a gun.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DMWhidden View Post
    Spider, I just got myself a Crossbreed SuperTuck IWB a few weeks ago
    Crossbreed is a superior choice, but I don't believe they support Hi-Point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast