Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Kel-Tec PF-9 opinions

Do any of you own one? I've been looking into getting a smaller lighter carry gun. I've heard some good things about Kel-Tec as well as some bad. What's been your experiences?

Thanks.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Default Re: Kel-Tec PF-9 opinions

I haven't owned or shot the Kel-Tec PF9, but have owned the P-11. I can tell you that I was not that impressed. I had problems with mine; could not always rack the round smoothly, and jams randomly. But I have heard of others who have had no problems with their's. Kel-Tec has very good customer service I've heard. I think the PF-9s did have some problems, but I understand the glitches have been worked out. So, I don't think it would be a bad idea for pocket carry. I would say get a recently assembled one if you buy that, shoot at least 500 rounds or so, and if you have no problems, then I think you will be just fine. Problems are, your choices start to get very limited when it comes to a decent caliber pocket carry pistol.

(Lehigh County)

I handled the PF-9 and it SEEMED like a nice gun but after a very bad experience with the .380 model (it refused to chamber a round unless I manually jiggled the slide), I'm thinking twice about buying anything from them.

(Allegheny County)

I own two of them. I carry one on my ankle twenty four seven. They are both extremely reliable. They feed anything I put in them and I've never done anything to them. I also own a P-11 which was not reliable until I polished the feed ramp.

(Fayette County)

I looked seriously at these. If my brother-in-law didn't give me such a good deal on PT111 Pro a PF-9 is probably the handgun I would have purchased.
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." - Elbert Hubbard

(Pike County)

I do not have a pf-9, but I do have a p3at, a p40, and a sub2000. I like all of them, and have not had problems with them. The light weight of the p40 makes it a big time kicker.

(Lancaster County)

I shot my friends one afternoon and was actually pretty impressed with it.
    He took his PF-9 and I took my Kahr P9 for a little comparison.
    First of all it didn't have one ftf or fte which kind of suprised me.We ran wwb,Federal HST 124gr.,Federal HST 147 gr. ,Speer gold dot124.gr through it without any problems.We were even shooting in the rain for awhile
    The recoil wasn't to much to handle and it was actually pretty accurate for what it is intended for.He has since put a hogue slip on grip on it which will probaly help next time we go to the range.
    It is light and thin,it actually made my Kahr P9 feel fat which isn't easy to do.
    I found my Kahr to be superior(better trigger,ergonomics and accuracy ) but that little, less than $300 Kel-Tec did nothing to embarasss itself at the range that day.
    I would defintely recommend one to someone looking for a cost effective, light easily concealed,carry gun.
    Especially if they all run as good as this one did.

(Chester County)

Thank you all for your time and opinions. I'm going to look at one tomorrow or Friday. I haven't handled one yet.

Keep the info coming though. I appreciate it.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Bucks County)

i have a kel tec p11 and a p32 - my buddy also has a sub 2000- all of them are great guns and none of them have had any ftf or fte since i've had them........ i didn't get the pf-9 because i heard they had a few problems with them and the p-11 holds more rounds........over all, i like them alot and would definitely recommend them........
    Retired LEO, FFL Holder

(Cambria County)

Like Punisher, I wanted the couple extra rounds that the P-11 offered. It is small, easy to handle. It shoots very well when you consider it is a sub $300 pistol. I sent mine back to the factory and had a new spring put in it (I believe the new models have the new springs in them already), and I had them install a set of night sights. It is on my hip all the time now. Small, reliable, easily concealed, and 11 rounds of good ammo.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast