Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MK760

(Bucks County)

Default MK760

I came back two weeks ago, smiling being very excited. I shot my 2nd NFA weapon (1st was a SBR AR15).. I shot a Silenced Full Auto MP5 at a C3 Dealership.

Anyways, I wanted to know if a gun like an UZI (Full-Size) or MK-760 can recreate the stability and controllability like the MP5.

My mom says that when I gather up all of the money, we can set up a trust and go through the process for Machine guns

So what do you guys think?
    "If the individual can govern himself, all external government is tyranny" - Benjamin Tucker.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: MK760

in my experience, the MK760 is a particularly crappy copy of the S&W 76 submachine gun(which is "ok"), which in itself is a pseudo copy of the Swedish K(which is awesome).

the MP5 is tacticool, however, its main attraction is as a suppressor host, due to its fairly quiet closed bolt operation, in semi, a Keltec Sub2000 or beretta storm will do just as well...just a little louder with suppressors as they are blowback operated.

however, in its civilian trensferrable form, its also ridiculously expensive, ridiculously complex, and the only ones civilians can buy are transferrable conversions of semi-auto guns, either by registered receiver, or sear conversion, or "trigger pack" conversion.

do a search on prices, you'll be very disappointed.

I myself have a FA uzi, and the open bolt design is dependable, simple and accurate, however, it has a fairly choppy operation...its something you need a lot of practice with to become fast and accurate with.

I also have a Colt M16 with a oly Arms 9mm kit(uses sten mags), that is amazingly smooth and VERY accurate, again, you'll hate the prices.

overall, stability and controllability are mostly a function of the shooter, not the gun..its practice practice practice to learn to control a FA gun with trigger control, not mechanical like 3 rd burst.

oddly, an SWD M11/9 with a TASK slowfire conversion is what wins subgun matches...the SWD M11/9 is still an approachable priced entry level subgun.. again, look for prices.

start saving now, when you get $10-12,000 start looking for MP5 SEARS....and then a gun to put it in, save MORE for a m16, try $5+K for an uzi, or $3K+ for an M11/9, then the bits for a TASK conversion.

dont enter FA ownership lightly, its an expensive endeavor.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Northampton County)

Pretty much what Jaybell said, the answer is no. Although I have not shot the 76.

The two cheapest options for very smooth and easy to control 9mm suppressed FA are the M11/9 with Max-11 upper receiver (750 rpm bolt) or a "Stenling" (Sterling made from a Sten tube). As far as I know, anyway. The Stenling will be much more quiet, but the MAX-11 can be pretty quiet as well.

I notice Jaybell mentions the Task slowfire for M11/9, I've just never shot one but I have no doubt he's right.

(Armstrong County)

If you are the same young man who when first joined the boards his parents were absolutely against guns in the house. Sounded like not only "NO" but "HELL NO"
    You have moved to an AR and now looking for a full auto platform, with your parents taking possession of the trust at first.

Well done young man, well done.
    Looking for a career in sales, like selling ice to Eskimos?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    If you are the same young man who when first joined the boards his parents were absolutely against guns in the house. Sounded like not only "NO" but "HELL NO"
    You have moved to an AR and now looking for a full auto platform, with your parents taking possession of the trust at first.

Well done young man, well done.
    Looking for a career in sales, like selling ice to Eskimos?

My mother is a huge gun supporter, my stepdad isn't against it, he just doesn't want to shoot them.
    "If the individual can govern himself, all external government is tyranny" - Benjamin Tucker.

I had an MK 760 that ran like a top and I could get it to go up to 1000rpm with some tinkering
    Downside.
    Spare parts.

SHot Side by side with a S&W76 only difference was ROF.

DO yourself a favor and just get a M11/9 , with all the gadgets for them nowadays you will be more impressed in the long run.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jabtime View Post
    My mother is a huge gun supporter, my stepdad isn't against it, he just doesn't want to shoot them.
    Gotcha
    Well either way, good job on wanting to save that kind of cash at your age.
    Good luck.

Just remember, the weapon is only part of the price tag, they are always hungry.

(Northampton County)

BTW, from your posts since you've been here it seems you are a kid. And a skinny one to boot. Many of us have been bringing up the M11/9 with mods and different uppers.

The M11/9, on it's own without mods, is a dangerous piece of equipment in the hands of anybody that doesn't have experience and practice with FA.

If you go the M11/9 route, I can only assume you will have the machinegun before you get all the accutrements. Of course, you will want to shoot it right away. It will be NOTHING like the MP5 until you modify it. It is the hardest to control SMG I've ever fired in stock form. You will need at least one experienced person present to teach you if you shoot it stock. And you'll probaly start with only 3 rounds loaded in the mag and work up from there.

I'm reasonably good with them, and damn good with MGs in general, and I got 100 pounds on you, but I quit shooting stock m11/9s at indoor ranges. Mostly

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    BTW, from your posts since you've been here it seems you are a kid. And a skinny one to boot. Many of us have been bringing up the M11/9 with mods and different uppers.

The M11/9, on it's own without mods, is a dangerous piece of equipment in the hands of anybody that doesn't have experience and practice with FA.

If you go the M11/9 route, I can only assume you will have the machinegun before you get all the accutrements. Of course, you will want to shoot it right away. It will be NOTHING like the MP5 until you modify it. It is the hardest to control SMG I've ever fired in stock form. You will need at least one experienced person present to teach you if you shoot it stock. And you'll probaly start with only 3 rounds loaded in the mag and work up from there.

I'm reasonably good with them, and damn good with MGs in general, and I got 100 pounds on you, but I quit shooting stock m11/9s at indoor ranges. Mostly

I just threw my Ma an email of a Cobray M11 with a Task Slow-fire upper..

Would this recreate something like an MP5?

(Bucks County)

I have a F/A Uzi, and a Mac 10/9, With the Lage Max 10/9 Upper... the Mac 10 in 9mm is fairly easy to control since the 9mm is pushing a bolt essentially weighted for a .45 ACP. Remember the MAC and tube guns like the sterling, the Sten and the MK 760 are open bolt guns.... the MP-5 and M-16 fire from a closed bolt.... just a little different in manual of arms, and safety procedures.

My buddy has a Max 11 upper on his Mac-11, I would say this is the best subgun for the least amount of money....(M-11 with the lage upper around $4000...give or take) look on youtube for videos of the Max 11, or check out Lage's websight:

http://www.max-11.com/

Richard Lage is a heck of a nice guy, and I am sure he would be willing to answer any questions about his products.

Here is a couple that are sold, but a pretty good examples of a nicely set up Max-11. It will not turn a M-11 into a MP-5, but it will make a M-11 into a fun and viable subgun, for fun or competition.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56765

http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/i...uery=retrieval

Good luck!
    Fred

P.S. I shoot at Classic Pistol In Southampton... they are subgun friendly, If you would like to try my Max 10/9 or Uzi, I am sure we could find a night to burn a few rounds. (I am a police firearms instructor.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast