Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default question on Form 1's

This is my first post. Its cool to have a site dedicated to PA. But anyway I'm looking into building an sbr on ar15 plat. I have all the forms I need but before I start filling them out I want to know if i file now will it still be valid when I move to fl? I'm moving in March and plan on at least building the lower.

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: question on Form 1's

You should have no problems, Florida is very NFA friendly.
    Not sure on your time frame for approval, but look for 3-4 months. So you may be cutting it close for your move.
    Once approved, you will need to fill out a Form 5320, to take it to FL.
    A 5320 lets you take your NFA item across state lines, but only to NFA friendly states. Vaction home, compititions, machine gun shoot, what ever. they must be filed once a year if you planned to travel with your NFA item.

Once you have your new address and are living at your new location, you send a letter to the ATF to notify them of a perminant change of address. Then youre good to go.

Oh yeah, welcome to ths site

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    they must be filed once a year if you planned to travel with your NFA item.

not "once a year", they must be submitted and APPROVED for ANY time you plan to cross state lines with a machine gun, short barrel shotgun, short barrel rifle, or destructive device.

AOWs and suppressors are ok to travel with no 5320.20, just make sure the location you are going is OK with posession.

as noted above, the ATF requests that you inform them of moves, howeveer, this is not a LAW.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Armstrong County)

Hhmm ok
    when called the ATF asking about the 5320s, they told me to fill one out and first of the year and i was good to go for that year once approved. Say traveling to Ohio for 5 sub-gun matches a year.

Not saying you are wrong, you seem to have a good bit of NFA knowledge, way more than myself. Just going by what i was told.

(Montgomery County)

thats different, you've planned out the years trips and submitted the form early to get approval.. obviously that form is good til your trips are finished.

thats not "once a year" per se, thats "I got my crap planned and heres the list"

otherwise, you file a form each time you want to go out of state, like ya would if you wanted to go someplace different than on that form.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    thats different, you've planned out the years trips and submitted the form early to get approval.. obviously that form is good til your trips are finished.

thats not "once a year" per se, thats "I got my crap planned and heres the list"

otherwise, you file a form each time you want to go out of state, like ya would if you wanted to go someplace different than on that form.
    Now, you guys BOTH know better than me, because I've never done it. I think what he is saying is that a single submittal is good for the same destination for an entire year. You don't have to send one each time you leave the state to go to the same place. That has been my understanding.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Now, you guys BOTH know better than me, because I've never done it. I think what he is saying is that a single submittal is good for the same destination for an entire year. You don't have to send one each time you leave the state to go to the same place. That has been my understanding.
    Yeah lets say that you have access to some property in Ohio or you might go to a few MG shoots in Ohio during the year, fill in the form completely and put the travel dates from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011 and you will be to go for the year.