Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Yeaaaa gun owners!

I think the gun haters were sent a message yesterday. I realize there were many other issues and gun rights are far down on there political list no matter how high on the list it is for us. I now wonder if the Castle doc will get through at last? I also wonder if ammo prices will relax a bit since things are now at a federal stalemate? Maybe people will relax a bit and stop hording? Just thinking out loud here.
    You can't fix stupid....... So I try to ignore Liberals!

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Yeaaaa gun owners!

Last I heard, Finster, HB 1926 with the "Castle Doctrine" language included had passed the PA Senate (some two weeks ago, roughly), and had been forwarded to the Rules Committee. I believe more action on it is due on the 8th (?), but it has made it's first full pass through the legislature at this time. Fingers crossed. Sadly, here in the 132nd district, our Rep. Jennifer Mann who voted against said language ran unopposed; our write-in candidate didn't even show in the polls. Can't win 'em all, I guess. On the other hand, the NRA only gave her a D grade, so I guess it could be worse...

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by DMWhidden View Post
    Last I heard, Finster, HB 1926 with the "Castle Doctrine" language included had passed the PA Senate (some two weeks ago, roughly), and had been forwarded to the Rules Committee. I believe more action on it is due on the 8th (?), but it has made it's first full pass through the legislature at this time. Fingers crossed. Sadly, here in the 132nd district, our Rep. Jennifer Mann who voted against said language ran unopposed; our write-in candidate didn't even show in the polls. Can't win 'em all, I guess. On the other hand, the NRA only gave her a D grade, so I guess it could be worse...
    I feel your pain. Let's look at the bright side. We have a new Governor. Rendell is finally gone back to his mob ties in Philly. Perhaps we at least have an ear in the mansion now?
    You can't fix stupid....... So I try to ignore Liberals!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Finster View Post
    I think the gun haters were sent a message yesterday. I realize there were many other issues and gun rights are far down on there political list no matter how high on the list it is for us. I now wonder if the Castle doc will get through at last? I also wonder if ammo prices will relax a bit since things are now at a federal stalemate? Maybe people will relax a bit and stop hording? Just thinking out loud here.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMWhidden View Post
    I feel your pain. Let's look at the bright side. We have a new Governor. Rendell is finally gone back to his mob ties in Philly. Perhaps we at least have an ear in the mansion now?
    Gentlemen, the only way we can get Castle Doctrine passed this year is if more gun owners get involved and start calling their Reps to put pressure on the Chair Rep Eachus (whos looking for a new job ) to bring HB1926 up for a concurance vote and send it to Rendell

now for next session. GET READY TO BRING THE RAIN!!! the more gun owners who want their rights restored and more freedoms need to get behind FOAC to Get the Legislation brought up for a vote. we have the legislation written, we just need people to push for it.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Any chance you guys will be able to get rid of your illegal hand gun registry now?
    I'll vote for Romney when he promises not to run in 2016.

(Jefferson County)

I know Rendell is anti-gun, but each time he was presented a gun bill he did sign them with very little hesitance. He did listen somewhat to what the people and legislators presented him for that respect.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lancaster County)

The problem is that gun haters are generally liberals, and things like logic, facts, and truth, don't factor into their decision making process. They refuse the listen to any of those things, instead spouting rhetoric louder than anyone else around them (watch them on TV, they never stop talking over the other people around them).

As for the ammo hoarding, I'll never stop hoarding ammo. My plan is to keep hoarding until the weight of my stash overcomes the buoyancy of the USA and risks capsizing us all. You know, like what's going to happen in Guam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs23CjIWMgA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITx4aFhASTE&feature=fvst

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chuck View Post
    Any chance you guys will be able to get rid of your illegal hand gun registry now?
    That will be interesting to watch. The PSP Commissioner is appointed by, and reports to, the governor. Corbett is certainly familiar with the law.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I know Rendell is anti-gun, but each time he was presented a gun bill he did sign them with very little hesitance. He did listen somewhat to what the people and legislators presented him for that respect.
    Correct, its called politics for those not paying close attention other than election time

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chuck View Post
    How bad do you and ALL the Other gun owners want this?

Just Hoping.... is not going to get it done, or worse, doing nothing and wanting others do all the work instead....... it takes direct action by US and what are we willing to do to get this done?

Our actions (or inactions) give form of motion to how bad we want them to change

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    Correct, its called politics for those not paying close attention other than election time

How bad do you and ALL the Other gun owners want this?

Just Hoping.... is not going to get it done, or worse, doing nothing and wanting others do all the work instead....... it takes direct action by US and what are we willing to do to get this done?

Our actions (or inactions) give form of motion to how bad we want them to change
    I, for one, intend to contact Corbett the day that he takes office and demand that he issue an order to the PSP commander to end the database immediately and to delete all accumulated records. I figure if enough of us do that he may listen.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast