Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default S&W.com question

I was teaching my younger brother how to properly field strip and clean my FS M&P9 this weekend. I helped him the first couple of times then left him alone to do it. To make a long story short he came downstairs and told me he lost my frame tool that holds the backstrap in place and that you use to press down on the deactivation lever. Moral of the story is I want a new one and I want to know if Smith and Wesson would send me one for free or if I would have to pay for it. Does anybody know if they will or wont and whre I pose that question to them?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: S&W.com question

Call their customer service hotline. However, I doubt they will give it to you on their dime. It is always worth a try.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Lehigh County)

Part number is showing as 277860000 at a cost of under $2. They might be willing to just send you one (you'd have to call and ask). Links below are to their parts list and customer service page (with a phone number and hours).

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore...ist_Retail.pdf

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...4_757812_image

Edit: How the heck did he lose it? Was he walking around the house / property with the gun while field stripping it? It's pretty hard to lose a tool isn't it (I don't own an M&P so I guess if it's really small and blends in with your flooring it might be easier).

(Lebanon County)

go look for it.
    it's in that room somewhere, and it could'nt have gone to far.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....