Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default NHRPC: Practical & Precision Rifle Dec 12th NJSP CQB Q-Course (Kalashnikov)

First of all, thanks to everyone who has come out during the year and supported the club and the rifle program there. It has been a safe, successful year for us, and we truly appreciate all the support of the shooters and staff.

We try to have at least one Kalashnikov match a year, and December is it! We will run them in the extremely popular NJSP CQB Q-Course.

Although we are only ranking Kalashnikov runs for prizes, any rifle may shoot the CoF and get scored against similar platforms.

The NJSP CQB Q-Course is fired from 3 to 50Y and is timed and scored to the .1 of a second. Required elements include support (the other) shoulder fire, firing from behind barricade, and standing, kneeling and prone fire. It is the actual Q-Course in every respect except that full-auto fire inside 15Y has been replaced by semi-auto, and the targets will be IDPA cardboard competition targets.

You may register and pay twice if you want to shoot with a different rifle. It's interesting to compare proficiency with different platforms. Repeat runs with the same rifle are also possible, but only the first shall count for score.

Note that this is the last match under the 2010 standards and fee structure. 2011 will see some program changes including a switch to mostly IDPA targets, and a larger gap between member and guest match fees.

There may be a low round count, side precision match. More info on that is to follow so make sure your email address is correct.

Online registration is required, and all of our match announcements always appear here:

http://nhrpc.org/index.php/groups

Thank you, and hope to see you aboard!

––Fargo007

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: NHRPC: Practical & Precision Rifle Dec 12th NJSP CQB Q-Course (Kalashnikov)

Good to see Red December lives on!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: NHRPC: Practical & Precision Rifle Dec 12th NJSP CQB Q-Course (Kalashnikov)

I'm signed up. Except I'm going to be part of the "capitalist plastic 5.56" crowd!

(Bucks County)

Do not fear my western comerade.

There will be enough Kalashnikovs there in case conditions become too tough for the plastic capitalist rifle.

Don't wait until the last minute. We have a dozen people signed up already! This is a very popular CoF and it fills up very fast.

It is also a great match for beginners because it's a squad based, common firing line shooting experience, with each exercise described right before it is conducted.

--Fargo007

(Monroe County)

I signed up a friend who yes in 2010 is still on the infomation dirt trail and does not have a computer or email. So that's why mine is under 2 names.
    Now to talk my other buddy into going.
    He also refuses to put down his bolt actions so I have to share my AK with him.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; November 10th, 2010 at 10:44 AM.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

This is on rain or shine? Sunday is looking iccky.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

Big suprise my buddy wussed out, he thinks he'll melt. So there will be 1 open slot at 11am.
    So what are these prizes? Are they per relay or all at the end of the day?

I never got a email, is there a side match?

(Delaware County)

Shot in this today at the 11:30 time. It was a ton of fun and definitely some great practice. Went pretty well for my first match.

(Monroe County)

No surprise with who was running it, it was safe, professional and run as planned.
    A+++++ would shoot with again,again, and go weak sided and again and again
    (time)

(Bucks County)

Thank you Sir.

I was speaking to a few people about this, and due to the popularity, we will probably run this one a few times this year.

No more Kalashnkov vs. AR's. From now on we'll just have separate prize categories and everyone shoots what they want.

Not only is this smoother and easier to run than most other things we've done, but I think it gives shooters a really good metric that they can measure their performance with. You will be able to spot improvement numerically, and compare performance with different rifles you shoot it with.

We can run a long course right alongside it. Get shooters working on moving targets, popups, and steel out to 500Y. I also want to run the patrol rifle Q-Course as well, which works in this same fashion as the one on Sunday, but goes from 3 out to 100Y.

--Fargo007

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast