Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: To CC anywhere

(Washington County)

Default To CC anywhere

How many permits from how many states would you need to be able to CC anywhere? Imagine getting pulled over and handing the LEO a deck of permits.

I like how Uncle Ted Nugent put it. "The Second amendment is my CC permit."
    It ain't the how much. It's where the how much is at.

Default Re: To CC anywhere

Unless you're a law enforcement officer, or a retired one with appropriate ID and training, the possibility to legally carry anywhere in the country will not happen.

Some states just do not allow it at all no matter how many permits or licenses you have from other states. And some states that do issues permits, do not allow non-residents to apply and some are so restrictive that it's hard even for their own residents to get a permit/license.

(Philadelphia County)

It's not possible given IL and WI won't issue permits. OC is legal in WI though. Moreover, many "may issue" states simply won't issue and won't honor other states' permits.

Use this link to see which state honors which permit.
    http://handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

Al

In addition to the "no-carry" states of IL and WI, the "essentially impossible" states are NJ, NY, MD, DC, RI, CA, HI, SC and OR. Some, like MA and CT, are difficult but it can be done. While all of these states "theoretically" issue, you're more likely to be struck by a meteorite on your way home. SC is a "catch 22" -- no reciprocity with PA, don't honor non-resident licenses, and require that you own property there for their non-resident license. RI issues to non-residents only if you have a home or business there. OR issues to non-residents from adjacent states only. You can check out the details at www.handgunlaw.us.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ThikSkin View Post
    I like how Uncle Ted Nugent put it. "The Second amendment is my CC permit."
    Just empty words from Ted. Imagine getting pulled over and handing the LEO a copy of the 2nd.
    The right to bear arms isn't for hunting bear. Subliminal Messages

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by donm View Post
    In addition to the "no-carry" states of IL and WI, the "essentially impossible" states are NJ, NY, MD, DC, RI, CA, HI, SC and OR. Some, like MA and CT, are difficult but it can be done. While all of these states "theoretically" issue, you're more likely to be struck by a meteorite on your way home. SC is a "catch 22" -- no reciprocity with PA, don't honor non-resident licenses, and require that you own property there for their non-resident license. RI issues to non-residents only if you have a home or business there. OR issues to non-residents from adjacent states only. You can check out the details at www.handgunlaw.us.
    Actually, CT is easy for a non-resident...it's the residents that get a run around. I had mine thru the mail in 40 days.

I don't think you are correct on RI....We can get them living here in PA...the RI issue is the Justifiable Need.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I don't think you are correct on RI....We can get them living here in PA...the RI issue is the Justifiable Need.
    Looks like you're right there. handgunlaw.us says you need a home or business there but goes on to cite a law that says you're eligible if you have a license from any other state.

(Philadelphia County)

This is why we need federally mandated concealed carry reciprocity. This is unlikely to happen anytime soon for the following reason:

Harry Reid will likely not win re-election. If the Republicans fail to take the Senate and Reid is out, the new majority leader will likely be Chuck Schumer. He is as anti as they come and would be able to block concealed carry reciprocity for the forseeable future.

It's a pitty.

(Lackawanna County)

Of course, if you don't mind a 300-pound 6'6" bald headed dude named Bubba saying "Hey boy, you shore got a purty mouth...", you could do the other CC..Criminal Carry....

Not actually suggesting that, though, although Bubba might like it!
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nessman View Post
    If the Republicans fail to take the Senate and Reid is out, the new majority leader will likely be Chuck Schumer. He is as anti as they come and would be able to block concealed carry reciprocity for the forseeable future.

It's a pitty.
    I believe he (schumer) carries too. The arrogance.
    It ain't the how much. It's where the how much is at.