Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Perry County)

Default switching between guns

Ever since I got my Trophy Match, I haven't shot any of my other pistols. It's a very nice and fun gun to shoot. I love this gun. Too bad .45 ammo is so expensive.

The pistol I used to shoot the most previously was my CZ P-01 9mm, so I decided to take that along with me this weekend when I went to shoot the TM.

So I shot the TM first, probably about 80 rounds or so and then switched to the CZ.

Wow...such a huge difference, not only in the trigger but recoil. The 9mm almost felt had very little recoil at all compared to the .45.

The TM trigger is very nice and short. The trigger on the CZ, even in SA, had so much travel. It was clearly night and day.

Default Re: switching between guns

That is probably true with most DA/SA guns compared to a good SA trigger. Its still good to be able to train yourself to go back an forth. If you want to shoot the DA/SA pist9ls as good as you do your SAs.

I usually shot the DA/SA 1st and wait and shoot the fine SA so that I don't feel as much down grade in trigger as i would shooting the SA 1st and then using the DA/SAs. When I get home and comapre the targets some times they are comparable other times the SA guns are so much more easier to place in good groups.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by WWGunslinger View Post
    Ever since I got my Trophy Match, I haven't shot any of my other pistols. It's a very nice and fun gun to shoot. I love this gun. Too bad .45 ammo is so expensive.
    Start reloading!

Take your Trophy Match and compare to an EAA Witness Match, then give me a call. I have a stock Springfield and love it. Had it for 20 years perhaps and I'll never sell it. But the Witness Match I had will outshoot most production guns. It easily outshot my HK45 and they both have the polyganol barrel.

The grip on the Witness was just a hair too big for me. Other than that, you won't find a better production 45 for $500. Trigger is adjustable and I never even got that far with it. It was boringly accurate as is. I ended up with the older Witness in 40, because the grip was better for me, than both the 1911 or the EAA Witness Match. I am really liking this Witness and actually grabbed a 3.5" ported version.

Enjoy your Match.

You know, you can get .22 LR conversion kits for both of those guns. My Kadet for the CZ eats anything I have tried, and thrives on bulk load. The Marvel for my 1911 is a little pickier, but I suspect that after a few thousand rounds, it may ease up and be more accepting of the bulk load stuff too. But even if that never happens, CCI mini mags or CCI standard is still way cheaper than .45 ACP.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    You know, you can get .22 LR conversion kits for both of those guns. My Kadet for the CZ eats anything I have tried, and thrives on bulk load. The Marvel for my 1911 is a little pickier, but I suspect that after a few thousand rounds, it may ease up and be more accepting of the bulk load stuff too. But even if that never happens, CCI mini mags or CCI standard is still way cheaper than .45 ACP.
    I already have a Kimber conversion kit for 1911s.

I have stuff to reload 9mm but never started. Also have some .45 dies that I got for cheap but no other components. I just need someone to sit down and show me how to do it a few times.

(Monroe County)

Its unfair to compare a sa trigger to a da/sa trigger, but its true what joseywales said about the Witness , awesome gun, i'm glad i let my Gun dealer "forced " me into buying it.