Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Looking for a decent Assualt Rifle...

but I'm not sure what I can get that is legal here in PA. I see Stubby is a dealer, can you shoot me some pointers? Looking at a mid level AR or a decent AK-47 or even something else that you can suggest int he $500-1500 range.

On the AK guns, I keep hearing conflicting reports on which ones are good and which ones aren't.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Looking for a decent Assualt Rifle...

Quote Originally Posted by schmol View Post
    but I'm not sure what I can get that is legal here in PA. I see Stubby is a dealer, can you shoot me some pointers? Looking at a mid level AR or a decent AK-47 or even something else that you can suggest int he $500-1500 range.

On the AK guns, I keep hearing conflicting reports on which ones are good and which ones aren't.
    Choosing the right assault rifle is sometimes a tough choice, but careful consideration will save you a lot of grief in the future. It really all depends on which type of babies you're looking to kill and how. If you would like the option of actually skewering the babies on a bayonet, for instance, I would suggest an AK. On the other hand, if you'd like to take out the enemy babies from, say, 400 yards, I would go with the AR.

For less than $1500 you have a lot of baby killing assault weapon choices, including good optics.

just my $.02

(Lebanon County)

With that price range you can get 2 EBR. Obvious choices would be an AK and AR. You need to decide what your plans are . For the so= called SHTF scene both are best. For plinking, the ar is better. You can get a 22 cal conversion kit for it and there are so many aftermarket choices its mind bogling. There is really no way to answer you question for you. You need to decide what you would like, and go for it. ALL semi assault weapons are legal in PA as are NFA items. You could get a SBR AR or AK for that price range too
    fell free to im me for more information

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by schmol View Post

Best bet is to swing by the shop. I have half a dozen of each ARs and AKs on the wall. I can run over some of the basics of each for you.
    StubbyGear.Com
    Funny Name, Serious Gear!

(Erie County)

Best tip? Stop calling them assault rifles because they aren't. Your price range would include a genuine Colt AR-15.
    Last edited by CoyoteJack; November 25th, 2007 at 11:41 AM.

(York County)

I agree with CyoteJack. Dont call it an assualt rifle. Who or what are you assualting? Dont give the anti's ammo using their term for this fantastic rifle. There are many options out there. Keep in mind price of ammo. Best prices are russian steel. right now the best prices are 5.45x39. you can buy an AK-74 for a decent price and 1080 rounds for about $150. Steel 223 is hard to come by at a decent price and 7.62 is still a bit high but better than 223. If you are looking to send 30 rounds down range for stress release, stick to what shoots cheep. otherwise, AR's are a dime a dozen and so are oppinions. I push Rock River Arms. Built well but mid range on price. Shoot a few and make your own descision. Hope this helps
    Lazy Lab Gunworks
    Class 1 FFL
    symplman77@epix.net
    Military, Police, First Responders and any other law abiding citizen.

Assault Rifle = Media propaganda

Sport Utility Rifle = Something a soccer mom could love.

Check by Stubbies, he has a great selection and his prices looked pretty good go me.
    I live in WV , but I visit my Mom-in-law in York PA 8 to 10 times a year. Can I get a "Tourist" visa?

(York County)

Smith and Wesson M&P 15T. Have a brand new one and I LOVE it. All tactical and such. Real rugged. Great consumer reports. Great base to customize. Chromed barrel and reliable action. Read one report fired out of the box some 5k rounds without cleaning or oil with nay a jam. approx. $1,300.