Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Army Navy store

(Erie County)

Default Army Navy store

Bethlehem born and now reside in Erie, and was wondering if anyone back east knows if the Army Navy store in whitehall near the Mall is still open and doing good? Much appreciated!
    Ron Paul for President! Save our US Constitution! Stop UN Control ~~

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Army Navy store

Quote Originally Posted by warren40cal View Post
    Bethlehem born and now reside in Erie, and was wondering if anyone back east knows if the Army Navy store in whitehall near the Mall is still open and doing good? Much appreciated!
    Still open, but a shadow of it's former self in the shootin' iron department. A clothing store mostly.
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Erie County)

aww man that breaks my heart! I had high hopes for that place! thanks for the intel

(Pike County)

yeah,,,not much in the handgun dept,,,rifles and shotguns are a little more abundant,,but now mostly a clothes shop,,

(Montgomery County)

That sucks. When I lived in Whitehall that's where I would get my ammo, they always had a good selection of used handguns

(Northampton County)

Lot of problems over past year.

Low life of Allentown and surrounding areas sent females in to buy guns for those that legally could not own...straw purchases

Also, one of the employees there (think gun dept.) barricaded himself inside a bethlehem home and held off a swat team for hours...arrested then found tons of ammo and guns in attic. This was within past few months.

They do have a good supply of ammo and a good selection of new firearms remain. Used was a bit "sparse" on last visit.

(Erie County)

that blows! leave it upto the corrupt trash to ruin it for those who follow the law..That store was great 10 years ago since I was living in the area but, I'm hearing lots of bad news about the entire Allentown area...I knew it was bad in some areas but I hear its spreading like the plague!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by warren40cal View Post
    I'm hearing lots of bad news about the entire Allentown area...I knew it was bad in some areas but I hear its spreading like the plague!!
    It sucks, doesn't it? I lived on a nice part of Fullerton Ave in Whitehall (first ave by that point, in West Catty by the FD), and had numerous issues with vandalism and break-ins to my car. Not that I can prove it, but my guess is people driving a straight shot out of Allentown into a nicer neighborhood, then smash and grab.

Since I have moved from there, it has gotten worse. My parents house is now up for sale and they are moving up to Lehigh Twshp. It sucks, it used to be nice and calm there...

(Northampton County)

I'm from that area and remember it very well! I wonder if Nestor's or Sports Authority are still there? Whitehall has some of the best Diner's.

(Northampton County)

The "Human Scum" started to move to Mt Pocono area maybe some 10 years ago due to the I80-I380 easy access and cheaper homes.
    Past few years a developer(recently charged with building and pricing fraud) built poorly built homes in Mt Effort/Broadheadsville area and offered almost 0% down to buy a $250-$300K home to metro NJ dwellers....so they moved into that area.

Recently, Route 33 was extended south to link to I78 and provide a direct link to NJ/NY metro area. Then it started...they moved into Allentown and surrounding areas in masses...then parts of Bethlehem Township.......all in areas that affordable lower priced housing.
    Some of the new residents are nice and working.....but a good number are drug dealers, pimps along with their"women" and kids in gangs.

Additionally, many area churches opened up their hearts to Hurricane Katrina victims and a lot of the apartment complexes that had vacancies advertised and offered low couple of month specials to these evacuees. Many were ok but a good number came in and brought their crime ways with them. Probably also the reason Fullerton is a changing for the worse as well as now parts of Bethlehem because of apartment rentals.

Sorry for the rant and name calling but the Lehigh Valley has become a dangerous place to live in certain areas.

So as they spread out it is affecting the entire region.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast