Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default The Art of the Tactical Carbine

[Edited to comply with Forum Rules]
    Review: It's a good DVD. Get it if you can and own an AR.

"The Art of The Tactical Carbine"
    Real Students - Real World Training - Dynamic Instruction. The Art of the Tactical Carbine is a 3 Disc DVD set featuring over 4 hours of actual live fire class instruction and additional instructional material. With extensive combat experience around the globe, instructors, Travis Haley and Chris Costa cover not only the how-to aspects of the Carbine but also the mindset required to employ a carbine effectively under stress. DISK ONE: Magpul Basic Carbine Course - Gear Placement - Optics & Accessories - Establishing Battle Sight Zero - Iron Sights & Electronic Optics - Effective Shooting Stance - Proper Weapon Grip/Recoil Control - Admin/Speed/Tactical Reloads - Press Checks - Solving Malfunctions - Shooting On the Move - Natural & Improvised Shooting Positions - Choosing the Position For the Task - Individual/Team Barricade Drills Special Features DISK TWO: Magpul Advanced Carbine Course (MAC) - Individual & Team Live Fire Stress Drills - Rapid Threat Analysis & Acquisition - Transition To Secondary Weapon - Advanced Shooting On the Move - Multiple Target Engagement - Weapon & Reaction Side Barricade Drills - Individual/Team Barricade Drills - Shooting Around Vehicle Team Drills - Advanced Failure Drills Drawing the Pistol Special Features & Trailer DISK THREE: Quick Reference Drills Breakdown - Intergrated with Features on Discs 1&2 - Drills Shown at Various Speeds - Drills Shown at Various Camera Angles Weapons Nomenclature and Accessories Weapons Disassembly and Maintenance Weapons Storage & Travel Special Features Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC Language: English Region: Free (0) Aspect Ratio: 16:9 ITAR NOTE: The DDTC Licensing Officer determined "NOT USML MUNITIONS LIST ARTICLE" for the DVD titled "The Art of the Tactical Carbine." This means that the DVD set is cleared for export to addresses overseas.
    Last edited by thekino; October 31st, 2010 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Avoiding being booted from forum
    "Legalize the Constitution!"

(Delaware County)

Default Re: The Art of the Tactical Carbine

I don't think magpul has an option to download their DVDs after you pay for them.

even if they did, they'd probably want it controlled through their site and I don't see anything on it.

doing a search on their site brought up this:
    http://store.magpul.com/prod_detail_...eyword=the+art
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Philadelphia County)

There is a thing called "Copyright infringement". You don't want to get involved, or get this site involved in a legal piss-fight that isn't really worth it. Just buy the damned thing before Mag-Pul (and others) shut off the flow of training materials to non-students, like most schools do.

(Lancaster County)

Magpul is selling WAY too many videos to want to shut off the supply. If their videos aren't already the top selling firearms videos of all time by like a 4 to 1 margin by now then they soon will be.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(York County)

I'm not one for a lot of movies at home, but if I could find a rental place that had these I would sit in front of the TV for as long as I had these vids to watch. I've had formal training with a handgun and shotgun, but not with a rifle.

Just can't see spending the $$$ to buy them and then have them sit on a shelf after the first couple times of watching them. I get that buying them is a cheaper alternative than going to a training academy, (plus you could review anytime you wanted, however training techniques do change), but it would be nice to spend some of my downtime, (from unemployment), checking out some of these videos for a couple of bucks and some dryfire drills during the winter months.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

(Berks County)

I have all of the Magpul videos they've produced so far and I think they're all great. Very entertaining to watch as well as informative. I've learned a lot just by watching. I've been able to understand a lot more of the theory behind certain techniques as well as see it put into action. I've learned a lot of techniques from the videos that I would have otherwise needed to spend a ton of money/hours on a class to learn. They're great starting points for training in my opinion. The videography helps them not get monotonous like all other training videos that look like they were produced in the '80s.

(Allegheny County)

Funny thing about Magpul's videos is the more you watch them and the more you see other stuff, the more you realize that they produced a great dvd that looks great, but it is all flash.

I have the Vickers Carbine blu rays on order, I will post back when I get them. I dont doubt there is far less beard and flash and more substance.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Lehigh County)

I'm very disappointed in this board's users and administrators.

I mentioned using a torrent to download these DVDs and aside from the numerous PMs, I was also required to edit the post.

Grow a set of balls and read the damn Constitution. Advocating the use of torrents is (aside from the actual mechanics of the copyright law) a matter of free speech. In case you didn't know, you can advocate that people break the law people (remember "Steal This Book"). You can't incite riots, threaten people, etc etc... but holy sh*t... for gun owners to tell me not to talk about torrents is sad and pathetic.

How can we expect the anti-gun nuts across the country to respect our Second Amendment rights if we're afraid of exercising our First Amendment rights?
    "Legalize the Constitution!"

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by thekino View Post

I mentioned using a torrent to download these DVDs and aside from the numerous PMs, I was also required to edit the post.

Grow a set of balls and read the damn Constitution. Advocating the use of torrents is (aside from the actual mechanics of the copyright law) a matter of free speech. In case you didn't know, you can advocate that people break the law people (remember "Steal This Book"). You can't incite riots, threaten people, etc etc... but holy sh*t... for gun owners to tell me not to talk about torrents is sad and pathetic.

How can we expect the anti-gun nuts across the country to respect our Second Amendment rights if we're afraid of exercising our First Amendment rights?

Sir I am a BIG supporter of Torrent and I despise how the US Gov. persecutes torrent sites. However in this case you are VERY wrong, the reason is that this forum is private property. It is owned by Dan P. As such he and the moderators he appoints have EVERY right to set the rules.

Free speech does NOT apply on private property, just like 2nd Amendment does not apply. Property owners have the right to decide what is and is not acceptable on their property and your option is to leave or comply.

The Constitution established our federal government and the Bill or Rights consisting of the first 10 amendments are SPECIFIC RESTRAINTS on the federal government to ensure that they were not only limited to their DEFINED powers and responsibilities but specifically disallowed from getting involved in the areas of speech, religion, firearms etc...

I appreciate your support of IP freedom and Free Speech but the free speech issue does NOT apply here because it is private property!!!
    MOLON LABE

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by thekino View Post

Necrothread from 2010.

There is a subforum for site suggestions. This isn't it.

Lycansighthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast