Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Thumbs up Galco Summer Comfort holster

I Just picked up a Galco Summer Comfort holster for my Glock 19 the other day. I absolutely love this holster so far. It doesn't weigh down my pants like my other holsters do. I have a decent belt that I wear with the holster that I picked up for $23 a few weeks ago a Bison Designs nylon Last Chance Heavy Duty belt.

I got the holster with fast free shipping for a total of $57 from Opticsplanet.net. I ordered it at 10PM on Tuesday and I received it Friday afternoon.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Galco Summer Comfort holster

I'm considering something like that for an XD9 SC. Glad you like it!

(Cumberland County)

Question. What is your body type? I'm not exactly chubby, but I've got a little more matter going on than I'd like. It makes IWB incredibly uncomfortable for me. So much so that I've sworn it off... I'd get back into it with the right holster combo.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

I have love-handles and find that a Supertuck Deluxe is extremely comfortable at the 4 o'clock position with an XD9SC. It's the large leather pad that makes the holster comfortable. Might want to try one if you haven't already.
    "If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

I had a Comp-Tac MTAC for my XD9sc and hated it. It was comfy for the first 15 minutes and then it would make my back start to hurt. I tried to change the position of it and nothing worked so I sold it, and to be honest Comp-Tacs CS SUX in the worst way so I'll never use another of their products. I am currently waiting on my Atomic Dog OWB w/IWB tuckable clips and it looks very promising to me. I will report when I start to wear it and see how well it works, and then if all goes well I'll get a few more for XD40 service and Sig P229r.
    For the time I'm using a Don Hume IWB clip style for my XD40 and XD9sc and it works great, I think the Galco would be better cause of the loops it has vs. the clip of the Don Hume it occasionally starts to move around if I crouch down or sit in a car.

PS- I'm 5'9 and 195lbs and in fairly good shape and the MTAC didn't work at all for me, but the CS pissed me off more than the holster did, but it was not comfortable for me.
    Last edited by *Klutch*; October 31st, 2010 at 10:28 AM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Question. What is your body type? I'm not exactly chubby, but I've got a little more matter going on than I'd like. It makes IWB incredibly uncomfortable for me. So much so that I've sworn it off... I'd get back into it with the right holster combo.
    I'm a fat boy and find the Summer Comfort is just fine with a J frame. A lot is going to depend on what gun you're putting in the holster.

(Northampton County)

I could stand to lose a few pounds myself. I actually like both the CB Supertuck and the Galco SC as long as I tighten my belt so my pants don't sag. I was finding that my CB Supertuck was weighing down my pants on the one side, but after I tightened my belt good enough it was holding up ok. I like to wear my holsters on hip bone so I guess like 3:30.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by aferr1973 View Post
    Bison Designs nylon Last Chance Heavy Duty belt.
    Holy crap that's a long name! I've always liked the looks of the Summer Comfort holster, just never dropped coin on it. I have been using a Bianchi Professional for 13 years and now that I make (leather) holsters I'll never spend money on a leather one again, unless it's a specialty holster with features that I can't duplicate. (but since I carry IWB I really don't need too many features)

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post

FWIW, I am a pretty big guy (5'7" and about 400lbs....yep trying to drop that weight) and have found that the Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe is very comfortable for me. It is obviously IWB. I wear it between 3 and 4 o'clock and a cant (set the clip on the trigger side to the highest position and the clip on top of gun side is in the position it came). Honestly I have tried this holster in multiple positions and spots and this is by far the most comfortable I can find.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

Am I missing something here? Ordering a "Summer" holster" in October? must have been an end of season sale.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast