Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Smile Ruger SR9C leather holster options?

I have a IWB comp-tac minotaur for my Ruger SR9C, it's a great holster, but
    I would like the option to carry OWB in leather, most leather holsters I've seen are made for the full size SR9. Any recommendations made for the compact version? the few I've seen are sold out.

Pics appreciated

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Ruger SR9C leather holster options?

Your compact should easily work in a non-compact holster.

The frame is only different as far as the grip length and the compact is maybe an 1/4" shorter than the full size along the slide, it would not be noticable on outward appearances because a covered barrel is a covered barrel.

Any sort of retention strap would still work since the frame is the same size in that area as well as the area that would be molded for the triggerguard.

I have a Galco belt slide that I used to carry both a Glock G17 and G19 in, so unless I am wrong in recalling what the SR9's look like, being that the majority of the frame is the same between both models where it counts as far as a holster goes, a full size one will work no problem.

I like the Galco ones, not to expensive and yet still decent, I think the model you would be looking at is: CTS484B

Here is a Ruger branded one at the sportsman guide, you could always send it back if you don't like it, they have the SR9 model in stock:
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=686324

Good luck, I hate buying holsters so I just stay with Fobus ones, cheap and easy.

(Lycoming County)

(Centre County)

I used to have an SR9C, I think I used a Blackhawk leather pancake made for a G22 and it fit fairly well. You can probably take it to a gun store and ask to fit-check it to be sure. All this of course if you can't find one made specifically for it that you like.