Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Gen 4 Glock 19

(Chester County)

Default Gen 4 Glock 19

I have read some threads on PAFOA and alot on GlockTalk about the gen 4's. Can someone simplify for me what the commons problems with the new Gen 4's are? The only thing I have been able to follow thru all the confusing threads is that some have had problems with subsonic ammo feeding reliably. If this thread has been beaten to death, I would appreciate any redirects to a good read on the new Glocks.

I bought one new, and to date I have 110 rounds through it. Only problems I had were limp wristing jams at first until I figured out how to properly hold a glock. I use the thick backstrap which helps alot. I tried it without a backstrap which makes it a G19 slim frame and kept getting jams due to an inadequate grip. Now the thick backstrap makes it feel like my G21 and it functions great. I bought 500 rds of ball ammo and plan to shoot the crap out of it this Saturday to give it a proper break in.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Gen 4 Glock 19

Primarily we're talking about 9mm Gen 4's being shot with lighter loads. The new dual RSA was a little too strong in some instances.

There is a new RSA due out in the next month or so that should help that. But many folks are seeing no problems. It all depends on the shooter and ammo.

(Allegheny County)

I've been debating the 3g/4g G19 for a while. There are very few complaints on the internet about the 3g, but there are lots of the 4g. I'll stick with the 3g. I'm sure both will prove to be good guns.
    Last edited by offshorebear; October 27th, 2010 at 06:54 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by toml View Post
    Primarily we're talking about 9mm Gen 4's being shot with lighter loads. The new dual RSA was a little too strong in some instances.

There is a new RSA due out in the next month or so that should help that. But many folks are seeing no problems. It all depends on the shooter and ammo.
    Agreed and I have a Gen4 19 inbound,, not worried about it
    Glock Certified Armorer, GSSF Member, NRA Member

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.... mine eats anything. (heavy or light loads)

(Lehigh County)

Im looking around for a gen 4 myself, not particularly worried about it
    Bullets will be the currency of the future

(Montgomery County)

I've seen a few reports about problems with the new dual spring setup, but at the end of the day, it's only anecdotal evidence. It would be interesting to know from a Glock insider if the new design is more problematic or not. I'm still scratching my head on why they would change something that didn't seem to be a problem. I fully understand the adjustable backstrap since the fit seems to be one of the biggest complaints of potential buyers.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

I was given a demo of the difference in the 3g vs 4g Glock 22. He let he feel the grip and how it was smaller. He disassembled it to show the dual recoli spring but while trying re-assemble it the guide rod and srping came through the front spring stop??? I've nevr had that happen with my Glocks. He eventually got it back to togather but I wonder if that dual spring thjing is a good idea?

As mentioned its probably going to be a Top seller, but so far I like my old Glocks, especaily the 21sf and G19. The G23 is growing on me.

(Chester County)

Thanks for the info everyone. I will actually be trying to sell mine now. Not to do with rumors or anything...those darn finger grooves just dont fit me very well. Or maybe I will attempt to file those finger grooves off??