Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Urgent, still trying to Confirm. Preemption violations on Nov. 2nd

I just got an Urgent call from Activist to contact my county Commissions who i am on good terms with and find out if they received a Memo From the the Dept. Of State calling for an Ordinance to BAN ALL FIREARMS FROM ALL POLLING PLACES ON NOVEMBER 2nd. I left 2 messages and i also called my Rep and Senator.

I suggest you do the same.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Urgent, still trying to Confirm. Preemption violations on Nov. 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    I just got an Urgent call from Activist to contact my county Commissions who i am on good terms with and find out if they received a Memo From the the Dept. Of State calling for an Ordinance to BAN ALL FIREARMS FROM ALL POLLING PLACES ON NOVEMBER 2nd. I left 2 messages and i also called my Rep and Senator.

I suggest you do the same.
    I just spoke with Kim as well, and I've e-mailed the Lehigh and Bucks County Commissioners, and will be making some phone calls to try and confirm this as well.

Edit: Got a response from 1 Lehigh County Commissioner who has not received such a memo at this time.
    Last edited by IronSight; October 26th, 2010 at 05:37 PM.

(Franklin County)

Ordinances require public notice (usually at least 7 days, I believe) before action can be taken to pass them. If that's the case, they've missed the boat on the timetable, preemption issues aside.

I'm going to intentionally NOT contact anyone in my area. I made this point very clear to them (in writing, to the county solicitor, via certified mail) when the Sheriff made a similar suggesting after my revocation.

I'm more than prepared to have another public confrontation if that's necessary.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Ordinances require public notice (usually at least 7 days, I believe) before action can be taken to pass them. If that's the case, they've missed the boat on the timetable, preemption issues aside.
    Yeah that's one of the reasons I'm skeptical about this until I get confirmation on anything.

I'm going to intentionally NOT contact anyone in my area. I made this point very clear to them (in writing, to the county solicitor, via certified mail) when the Sheriff made a similar suggesting after my revocation.

I'm more than prepared to have another public confrontation if that's necessary.
    Makes sense to me.

(Lancaster County)

I just saw this on Lancaster Online.

http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/305197
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

(Bucks County)

Well I can tell you a problem I have is it is at a school. So no go for me which makes me uneasy given some problems in the past with certain individuals in Philadelphia who wish to make things difficult.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    Well I can tell you a problem I have is it is at a school. So no go for me which makes me uneasy given some problems in the past with certain individuals in Philadelphia who wish to make things difficult.
    Do you have a baseball bat?

(Franklin County)

I stand by my original statement that my county commissioners are "on their own" in this matter, but I did fire this off to the Reps and Senator for my county.
    Gentlemen,

Please take a moment to review this article: http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/305197

I have not yet heard of any such effort locally, but due to the widely spread suggestion by the Department of State, expect to hear of many such efforts across the state. I urge you to publicly acknowledge that any such measures are a violation of state law, and call for hearings on why our Department of State would in any way encourage or suggest such a clear violation of state law.

I will be openly carrying my firearm again this year, not only while voting, but while distributing literature at several polling places. I assure you that I will NOT comply with any orders to disarm, and will challenge any sanctions issued as necessary in the courts, as I have done before.

Sincerely,
    Greg Rotz

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    I just got an Urgent call from Activist to contact my county Commissions who i am on good terms with and find out if they received a Memo From the the Dept. Of State calling for an Ordinance to BAN ALL FIREARMS FROM ALL POLLING PLACES ON NOVEMBER 2nd.
    Who TF are these people?!!

Great, now I have to learn about an office of law-breaking government employees I've never heard of.

Can we get them put in jail or just get them fired and revoke their pensions?

Sounds like a last minute knee jerk reaction and as was said before WAY too late.

I'll be OC'ing as usual next Tuesday and fuck anyone that says differently

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast