Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Arrow Got my WA Concealed Pistol License in the mail today.

Easy process, BUT you must apply in person. I was in the Tacoma area back on Oct. 6 and applied. No photo required, but they did take prints (electronically).

Cost for 5 year CPL: $55.25 + $3.00 for optional lamination of paper card (which I got).

Less than 3 weeks turnaround time.

Figured while I was out there, might as well get it ...for the reciprocity with OH mainly.

So now I have a PA LTCF, an AZ CWP and a WA CPL

Default Re: Got my WA Concealed Pistol License in the mail today.

I love Washington. Very nice place to live.

(Bucks County)

(Allegheny County)

Glad to hear you added another carry permit to your hat...er wallet?
    I got mine while I was living out there. It is great that they will mail it out to you. That beats the trip to the office to pick it up.
    I have retained mine since leaving WA so I can carry in OH when I got visit family. What I really need to do is pick up a Utah permit. Its on the list of things to do.
    Funny they hit you with a 3 dollar lamination fee. In Olympia it was only 1 dollar.
    You travel to WA much or were you just visiting and decided to pick one up? I need to be thinking about that more when I travel. It would be more fun than collecting stamps for sure.
    Hope you enjoyed Tacoma. It gets a bit of a bad rap but I really like the city. Its more normal than allot of places out there.
    -A
    No matter who you vote for the government always gets in.

Quote Originally Posted by Autonomous View Post
    Glad to hear you added another carry permit to your hat...er wallet?

I got mine while I was living out there. It is great that they will mail it out to you. That beats the trip to the office to pick it up.

I have retained mine since leaving WA so I can carry in OH when I got visit family. What I really need to do is pick up a Utah permit. Its on the list of things to do.

Funny they hit you with a 3 dollar lamination fee. In Olympia it was only 1 dollar.
    You travel to WA much or were you just visiting and decided to pick one up? I need to be thinking about that more when I travel. It would be more fun than collecting stamps for sure.

Hope you enjoyed Tacoma. It gets a bit of a bad rap but I really like the city. Its more normal than allot of places out there.
    -A
    If I had had to wait 3 weeks and then go back to the office to pick it up, I wouldn't have gotten it, as I was there only for 10 days.

You only paid only $1.00 for lamination??? Those bastards... they ripped me off, man!! (Just kidding, Tacoma LESA)

Probably will never be back in WA at all, was helping a relative move back to PA.

Sooooo, my problem now will be trying to get a WA sheriff (or LESA) to renew it for me by mail in 5 years. They say they will not do it by mail, although I don't see the problem. They already have my prints and could just do a new background check to make sure I'm still a "good boy" and renew it for me.

I was mainly in Lakewood, but did venture to Tacoma a couple times while there.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    If I had had to wait 3 weeks and then go back to the office to pick it up, I wouldn't have gotten it, as I was there only for 10 days.

You only paid only $1.00 for lamination??? Those bastards... they ripped me off, man!! (Just kidding, Tacoma LESA)

Probably will never be back in WA at all, was helping a relative move back to PA.

Sooooo, my problem now will be trying to get a WA sheriff (or LESA) to renew it for me by mail in 5 years. They say they will not do it by mail, although I don't see the problem. They already have my prints and could just do a new background check to make sure I'm still a "good boy" and renew it for me.

I was mainly in Lakewood, but did venture to Tacoma a couple times while there.
    Yea the return trip would be crazy for something like that...
    Good thing not all states have our archaic way of receiving licenses.
    I gotta say though it is hard to beat the $25 fee here. But PA allows for carry more places. It doesn't say "License to Carry Concealed Pistol" on it. And the PA cards are photo ID. Really almost everything about our LTCF wins out over their License.
    I am also wondering how I will renew mine. Doubt I will be planning any trips there in a few years. You are right though they should be able to do it no problem...But we all know what people SHOULD do and what they actually do are often far from each other.
    -A
    Last edited by Autonomous; October 30th, 2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: foolishness...

Yea the return trip would be crazy for something like that...
    Good thing not all states have our archaic way of receiving licenses.
    I gotta say though it is hard to beat the $25 fee here. But PA allows for carry more places. It doesn't say "License to Carry Concealed Pistol" on it. And the PA cards are photo ID. Really almost everything about our LTCF wins out over their License.
    I am also wondering how I will renew mine. Doubt I will be planning any trips there in a few years. You are right though they should be able to do it no problem...But we all know what people SHOULD do and what they actually do are often far from each other.
    -A
    Maybe in 5 years PA will have reciprocity with OH and I won't have to worry about it.

Although my AZ permit covers OH also, and it should be able to be renewed by mail, as the AZ permit I just got was obtained all thru the mail

Actually, my PA LTCF is not a photo ID as it does not have my photo on it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Maybe in 5 years PA will have reciprocity with OH and I won't have to worry about it.

Although my AZ permit covers OH also, and it should be able to be renewed by mail, as the AZ permit I just got was obtained all thru the mail

Actually, my PA LTCF is not a photo ID as it does not have my photo on it.
    Well I'll be...
    That "Valid Without Photo" is great. Kinda wish I would have known about that. Though I may have just gone ahead and had the photo on mine anyway.

It would be great to have PA reciprocity with Ohio. I wont be holding my breath and will pick up a Utah or some such license well before my WA expires. The fact that so many neighboring states refuse to acknowledge the rights of their respective citizens is ridiculous. But I would rather the states have individual power than total federal rule (though I wish all states would accept our 2nd amendment right to self defense....).

Man learn something new every day.
    -A

Well I'll be...
    That "Valid Without Photo" is great. Kinda wish I would have known about that. Though I may have just gone ahead and had the photo on mine anyway.

It would be great to have PA reciprocity with Ohio. I wont be holding my breath and will pick up a Utah or some such license well before my WA expires. The fact that so many neighboring states refuse to acknowledge the rights of their respective citizens is ridiculous. But I would rather the states have individual power than total federal rule (though I wish all states would accept our 2nd amendment right to self defense....).

Man learn something new every day.
    -A
    That's the original (and really, the only valid style of license if you go by the state statutes), but as we know, many sheriffs (and Philly PD) have come up with their own version of the PA LTCF.

Of course all that will (supposedly) change when we move to the new uniform license soon....although all LTCFs are supposed to be uniform now....ARRRGH!