Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default Working at a gunstore does not make you an expert on the law

Some twit behind the counter at a local gun store tried to tell me that if someone is being attacked by someone else you cannot use your gun to shoot that person. I told them they were flat out wrong and they continued in their stubborn assertion of completely erroneous information.

I find that some of these gun dealers and their employees are spreading outright lies and misinformation about guns and gun law. Had I been the average gun owner I might have believed her bullshit.

She also didn't like open carry and said that if someone comes in their gun shop openly carrying she becomes alarmed and watches them carefully the entire time. I refrained from telling that if she was so afraid of guns she then perhaps she shouldn't work in a gun shop.

The ignorance and stupidity among our fellow gun owners is appalling at times.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Working at a gunstore does not make you an expert on the law

I was at Dick's the other week and heard something similar. Counter guy was babbling about needing to register hand guns to your LTCF. I let it go for a little bit.. informed the person that is simply was not true and wrote down this forums address for him.

Purchased my ammo and told the guy behind the counter maybe he may want to visit this site and learn a little too.

Pretty sad really, if you don't know an answer don't make one up.. People will assume that you know and possibly get in a lot of trouble.

(Luzerne County)

Nothing new.... Gun shops, and "my buddie's brother, who is a cop", are the two biggest propagators of BS regarding firearms laws.

It's worse as a FFL. I have to deal with Joe Bloe "been an FFL for 30 years" telling me he can not "legally" accept a threaded barrel if the threads were not done at the factory, or an emailed copy of my FFL, or can't ship a handgun and rifle together, or a handgun through the USPS, or a million other idiotic false claims... I will ususally point them to the appropriate code, and even still they will pass it off as "well, so-and-so told me, so I better not". In *some* cases, in the dealers defense, It doesn't help that the twits at PSP/PICS are also giving FFL's incorrect legal info. Don't get me started
    I am astounded half these twits still have a license, being they obviously flat out refuse to read the law books and handy dandy letters containing updates that both the ATF and PSP send you.
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; October 24th, 2010 at 03:43 PM.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by dregan View Post
    ..., if you don't know an answer don't make one up.. .
    But then they wouldn't be an "expert"

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    Some twit behind the counter at a local gun store tried to tell me that if someone is being attacked by someone else you cannot use your gun to shoot that person. I told them they were flat out wrong and they continued in their stubborn assertion of completely erroneous information.

I find that some of these gun dealers and their employees are spreading outright lies and misinformation about guns and gun law. Had I been the average gun owner I might have believed her bullshit.

She also didn't like open carry and said that if someone comes in their gun shop openly carrying she becomes alarmed and watches them carefully the entire time. I refrained from telling that if she was so afraid of guns she then perhaps she shouldn't work in a gun shop.

Please....tell us what shop this was.

I would have told her she should look for other work if the sight of a holstered handgun alarms her.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by reverserboy View Post
    Please....tell us what shop this was.

I would have told her she should look for other work if the sight of a holstered handgun alarms her.
    Miller's Gun Shop in Mill Hall, PA

I posted a thread in the other forum about them telling people to stay away.

http://forum.pafoa.org/shops-20/1150...l-hall-pa.html

He threw away my FOAC voter guides and applications in front of me that I handed him.

(Allegheny County)

^^^^^^
    Absolute truth. I've run across quite a few gun owners that really blew me away with their ignorance. PAFOA is antidote to bad info.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Clinton County)

The owner also personally attacked me for my efforts to change laws and educate people by writing letters to the editor.

He told me that by bringing too much attention to gun laws I was going to make people want to pass laws to "stop what I was doing".

(Montgomery County)

The owner also personally attacked me for my efforts to change laws and educate people by writing letters to the editor.

He told me that by bringing too much attention to gun laws I was going to make people want to pass laws to "stop what I was doing".
    The sad part of it is that he is clueless to the damage he does by continuing to tell his lies and half truths.

There ain't nothing worse than an anti-gun gun owner.
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Venango County)

I am absolutely stunned.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast