Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Thumbs down Miller's Gun Shop Mill Hall, PA

Walked in with some F.O.A.C. voter guides and some applications to join and the owner told me that he didn't like what I have been doing and that I am going cause people to make laws that will take our rights away. He then threw away the material I gave him behind the desk. Then they proceeded to smash open carry. The woman behind the counter said that if she sees someone open carrying she keeps an eye on them the entire time they are in the shop and it causes her alarm(perhaps she shouldn't be working in a gun shop if she is that afraid of guns). She then proceeded to tell me that you can't shoot someone who is using deadly force against another person...I told her she was plain wrong. I asked her what law she was reading and she answered the phone behind her.

I had enough...I mumbled, "Jesus Christ" and walked out the door.
    Last edited by t1m0thy; October 23rd, 2010 at 06:18 PM.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Miller's Gun Shop Mill Hall, PA

Check out other threads on this site about Miller's and you will soon find out you were treated like most other customers. I personally don't know how they stay in business.
    I can draw my weapon faster than a person can get help dialing 911!
    "Don't retreat - just reload." Sarah Palin
    I have three good friends - Mr. Smith, Mr. Wesson and The Judge.
    I carry a gun - a cop is too heavy!

(Clinton County)

This is why I have not gone to Miller's in many years. I recommend to all to drive the extra distance to National's in Jersey Shore.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Clinton County)

Awwwwwww nawwwwwww! You've opened up a can of worms!!!

Millers gun shop a.k.a. Fudd gun shop.

You're better off shopping for sporting goods at Wally world. For one its a hell of a lot cheaper and two you'd probably get better service lol.

In reality though you just can't beat Nationals. If it weren't for all the fudds in the area Miller's would be closed. Their selection sucks, their prices suck and the service sucks.

IMHO of course.

I take my business to nationals.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lycoming County)

+1 on Nationals

(Clinton County)

About five or six years ago, my son in law stopped in there and saw a 30-30 that i was looking for, well I called and asked the price of it, the awnser that I got from fabulous Phil was, IF YOU HAVE TO ASK THE PRICE, YOU CANT AFFORD IT! I said your right, I cant afford it, I then proceeded directly to National and had Dave order me a new one, since then I have not stepped foot in that place,nor do I ever plan to!!
    P.E.t.A.=people eating tasty animals!!!

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by lagnaf41 View Post
    About five or six years ago, my son in law stopped in there and saw a 30-30 that i was looking for, well I called and asked the price of it, the awnser that I got from fabulous Phil was, IF YOU HAVE TO ASK THE PRICE, YOU CANT AFFORD IT! I said your right, I cant afford it, I then proceeded directly to National and had Dave order me a new one, since then I have not stepped foot in that place,nor do I ever plan to!!
    What a dick...

How does this guy not go out of business?

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    How does this guy not go out of business?

Because Phil Miller has enough customers who don't enter his establishment and preach to him subjects about which he has his own strongly-held (and possibly incorrect) beliefs.

While I'll stand up for gun rights as much as anyone, I also respect any merchant's "turf," including Phil Miller's. Phil's a bit up in years and like anyone that's "seen it and done it," he's built up his own opinions, right or wrong. And like anyone, he's entitled to them. Also, both Phil and his wife are from an earlier era where younger people were expected to be respectful of elders. I've been in there when some younger customers made absolute, embarrassing, impolite fools of themselves. And Phil Miller doesn't suffer fools gladly.

I've bought probably four or five guns from the Millers over the past several years. I've probably sold or traded to them three or four. I don't consider myself a "regular," and they don't remember my name but they do remember my face. I do get frustrated at times when I want to make a purchase and Phil's talking with another customer about something which at the moment I would consider unproductive. The last time I made a purchase, some guy had an injured bald eagle in a cage in the store showing it off. That was good for a 40 minute waste of my time, but in listening I learned a lot about bald eagles. I would have preferred to complete the 4473 and be on my way, but that's not the way they do things at Millers.

I think they have a wonderful selection of inventory, but my tastes don't run to the latest versions of Glocks and ARs, and every tactical accessory known to man. I tend to prefer leverguns and single-shots, and unique old 22 rifles, and when I go in there I'm generally satisfied with the offerings if not the prices. When the prices are in line with my expectations, I'll open my wallet. If not, then that particular firearm is not for me.

Miller's is like any gun shop or online firearm forum, for that matter. It's Phil's sandbox, and it's his show to run. It can be frustrating at times when Phil gets to BS-ing, but I ask Mrs. Miller or one of the daughters and they are always happy to oblige. And he is entitled to his opinions, right or wrong.

JMO and experience.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Because Phil Miller has enough customers who don't enter his establishment and preach to him subjects about which he has his own strongly-held (and possibly incorrect) beliefs.

While I'll stand up for gun rights as much as anyone, I also respect any merchant's "turf," including Phil Miller's. Phil's a bit up in years and like anyone that's "seen it and done it," he's built up his own opinions, right or wrong. And like anyone, he's entitled to them. Also, both Phil and his wife are from an earlier era where younger people were expected to be respectful of elders. I've been in there when some younger customers made absolute, embarrassing, impolite fools of themselves. And Phil Miller doesn't suffer fools gladly.

I've bought probably four or five guns from the Millers over the past several years. I've probably sold or traded to them three or four. I don't consider myself a "regular," and they don't remember my name but they do remember my face. I do get frustrated at times when I want to make a purchase and Phil's talking with another customer about something which at the moment I would consider unproductive. The last time I made a purchase, some guy had an injured bald eagle in a cage in the store showing it off. That was good for a 40 minute waste of my time, but in listening I learned a lot about bald eagles. I would have preferred to complete the 4473 and be on my way, but that's not the way they do things at Millers.

I think they have a wonderful selection of inventory, but my tastes don't run to the latest versions of Glocks and ARs, and every tactical accessory known to man. I tend to prefer leverguns and single-shots, and unique old 22 rifles, and when I go in there I'm generally satisfied with the offerings if not the prices. When the prices are in line with my expectations, I'll open my wallet. If not, then that particular firearm is not for me.

Miller's is like any gun shop or online firearm forum, for that matter. It's Phil's sandbox, and it's his show to run. It can be frustrating at times when Phil gets to BS-ing, but I ask Mrs. Miller or one of the daughters and they are always happy to oblige. And he is entitled to his opinions, right or wrong.

JMO and experience.

Noah
    I wasn't preaching at him...

I offered him the voter's guides and the applications and that would have been it. He is the one who opened up the dialogue by attacking me personally. I only offered information to the contrary of what he preached at me. When it was clear that there was no point in me being there I walked out.

Having opinions is fine but giving people completely inaccurate information about gun laws and then refusing to accept someone who is providing fact to the contrary is not. Gun owners and gun shop owners that don't know what they are talking about are a dangerous thing to our rights and to public safety.

IMO he is an asshole who doesn't deserve anyone's business.
    Last edited by t1m0thy; October 24th, 2010 at 06:11 PM.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    I wasn't preaching at him...

I offered him the voter's guides and the applications and that would have been it. He is the one who opened up the dialogue by attacking me personally. I only offered information to the contrary of what he preached at me. When it was clear that there was no point in me being there I walked out.

Having opinions is fine but giving people completely inaccurate information about gun laws and then refusing to accept someone who is providing fact to the contrary is not. Gun owners and gun shop owners that don't know what they are talking about are a dangerous thing to our rights and to public safety.

IMO he is an asshole who doesn't deserve anyone's business.
    I wonder why he didn't just decline the papers, rather than accepting them only to throw them away?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast