Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Non Student Carry on College Campus

Thanks guys, I understand what you all are saying and 95% of the time I go down, hang out, conceal carry and have a few beers. I just wanted to make sure I'd legally be safe if someone cops came and patted everyone down for some reason knowing how Philly seems to have its own rules.

IronSight - I meant if I was not other people and you are 100% right its not responsable but I'm sure most of us have drunk too much to remember at least once in our lifes

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Thumbs up Re: Non Student Carry on College Campus

Thanks Patriot. I couldn't find any so I assumed there were none, but just because I couldn't find it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Thanks for clarifying.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1988 Olds View Post
    ...but I'm sure most of us have drunk too much to remember at least once in our lifes
    Sure. However, now that I have made the choice to carry a firearm, I also made a choice about other things in my life all of which are n an effort to make me the safest gun owner/carrier I can be. One of things was the decision that if I am going to carry I am not going to drink more than I can safely handle.

Look, I am not going to lecture you or tell you not to party, but if you think there is even a remote chance that you will be out of control, then don't carry. It would be unsafe and irresponsible. But if you can go to the party and have a few drinks and not be out of control, then I would certainly carry in that area.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by acosenza2 View Post
    Sure. However, now that I have made the choice to carry a firearm, I also made a choice about other things in my life all of which are n an effort to make me the safest gun owner/carrier I can be. One of things was the decision that if I am going to carry I am not going to drink more than I can safely handle.

Look, I am not going to lecture you or tell you not to party, but if you think there is even a remote chance that you will be out of control, then don't carry. It would be unsafe and irresponsible. But if you can go to the party and have a few drinks and not be out of control, then I would certainly carry in that area.
    No problem at all that is exactly what I do.

(Lackawanna County)

Just be careful when it comes to carrying on college campuses whether you are a student or not. Every college has its share of "trustee children" or students who come from money, the very same money that their parents donate loads of to the school to make themselves feel important.

If one of these snobs calls his anti-gun mommy crying, telling her that someone had a gun on campus, you can bet the next day she'd be on a call with the provost telling him that Temple's campus police better start making arrests, or she's not going to write that 20 million dollar check next year to the University.

Now obviously you're not doing anything illegal, because the campus grounds (not buildings) are not posted as "No Firearms Allowed," but we're talking about Philadelphia, and who's to say you won't be arrested for criminal trespassing, have your LTCF revoked, thrown in prison, man-handled by Bubba, and put on the terror watch list?

Sure it would be completely unjustified, but you just don't know. Everyone that carries takes that risk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12