Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
    Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Every American citizen needs to read this!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

aww.. not this immigration crap again.

There's plenty of threads on here on the topic, and I think that for a reason there has been no more.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    aww.. not this immigration crap again.

There's plenty of threads on here on the topic, and I think that for a reason there has been no more.
    I must have hit a nerve for you to come back that way...no offense meant. To me, those words are as much about patriotism as they are about immigration.

(Lebanon County)

I hope you're aware that it's not the illegal immigrants that are the problem, but the big wealthy corporate interest in obtaining employees for jack shit with no benies, and don't think the general population from mexico knows better while the average person there has a bad 8th grade education, no vaccinations for diseases, is risking their worthless life to get to america.

Wait! What the fucks your problem? Like that guy said this is old. There's already plenty of topics based on this subject so stop making immigration topics, and lets just all stick out fists up our asses. I'm so sorry, but I just lose it.

(Allegheny County)

I have no problem with threads about illegal aliens, keep them coming.

The problem is multi-faceted and so is the solution.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willtallica View Post
    I hope you're aware that it's not the illegal immigrants that are the problem, but the big wealthy corporate interest in obtaining employees for jack shit with no benies, and don't think the general population from mexico knows better while the average person there has a bad 8th grade education, no vaccinations for diseases, is risking their worthless life to get to america.

Wait! What the fucks your problem? Like that guy said this is old. There's already plenty of topics based on this subject so stop making immigration topics, and lets just all stick out fists up our asses. I'm so sorry, but I just lose it.
    The only one saying anything about mexicans is you. I couldn't care less about country of origin. What was true for roosevelt in 1907 is still true today. If you're going to come here, then come legally with the idea that you're going to contribute rather than use this country for it's assets without giving anything in return. Part of that means being able to communicate and pledging allegance to the country that is able to give you a better life providing you do your part. That does not suggest that any ethnic group should give up the customs that make them who they are as a culture.
    I agree that big business (and, sadly, our own government) has sold us down the river with regard to outsourcing jobs to other countries for the sake of the almighty buck. Since you brought up mexicans, NAFTA is a good example of that. You could also check out agreements with india and japan. I couldn't disagree more that 'illegal aliens' are not a problem. Check out 'totality agreements' with mexico where illegals can collect social security benefits without ever contributing.
    I could go on, but you get the idea.
    BTW, what you do with your fist in the privacy of your own home is your business...I'll take a pass on that one.
    Last edited by glassman; November 11th, 2007 at 03:40 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by glassman View Post
    What was true for roosevelt in 1907 is still true today. If you're going to come here, then come legally with the idea that you're going to contribute rather than use this country for it's assets without giving anything in return. Part of that means being able to communicate and pledging allegance to the country that is able to give you a better life providing you do your part.
    Well, if you actually looked at facts on illegal immigration, and that cute little quote you posted on there, you'd know that more than 90% of third generation immigrants lose their original language. Which translates into full "assimilation" of the society.

You see, we've had the illegal immigration debate on here before, it always got heated, and really didnt contribute anything to the needs of PA Gun owners. So, instead of polluting the forum with the same trash we've all seen 1,000 times before, why don't you dig up an old thread, read through that, and if you later find you have something worthwhile and intelligent to contribute (that hasn't already been covered), then by all means, please do.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by glassman View Post
    I must have hit a nerve for you to come back that way...no offense meant. To me, those words are as much about patriotism as they are about immigration.
    No buddy, I'm not so dumb to fall for that cop-out response.
    ==============
    ~Samuel Adams

~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Luzerne County)

Diego must be an immigrant

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by NormanBates View Post
    Diego must be an immigrant
    This is irrelevant, if your not going to add something worthwhile to the debate shut your pie hole!

Nothing further to add. This was bothering me.

josh
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast