Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rossi 462

(Cumberland County)

Default Rossi 462

Anyone familiar with the Rossi 462 ( ss 357 mag snub ). I am looking at bobbing the hammer and getting some new grips. Is it a true J frame ? Will J frame grips fit ? I have heard people debate whether it is J frame, or K frame or neither. As far as trigger, would it just be one that would fit a 38 snub - are they fairly generic as long as it is the right type ( firing pin mounted, flat, etc. ) ? Thanks

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Rossi 462

Quote Originally Posted by sparky66 View Post
    J, K, L, N and X frames are S&W designation terms. They may or may not fit a Rossi. Use google and do your research before dishing out bux for grips. Not following last question posed.
    Thanks. Just noticed I said trigger for the second question but meant hammer. Looking to bob the hammer and didn't know if I should just have it ground down, or if I wanted to buy a new hammer, are they somewhat "generic" ? Thanks

(Monroe County)

Cruzans i must say that i bought a 462 about a year ago and i must say that it is one of my favorite carry guns certainly my favorite caRRy revolver.
    Awesome Gun, i have the high polish SS the one that looks like Chrome, beautifully made and polished Gun could not find a fault with it (except the heavy trigger) and i own 2 smiths to compare.

No, nothing from Smith &Wesson will fit it , it is bigger than a Jframe because it is a 6 shot gun , it is the same size of a Colt D frame detective special , the Don Hume Holsters for the Colt detective special fit perfectly.

Join us over at www.taurusarmed.net to find out more about the 462, just scroll down to the Rossi page.

obtw , mine is dead on accurate at 21 yards with Speer Dold Dot 125 grn ammo.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Cruzans i must say that i bought a 462 about a year ago and i must say that it is one of my favorite carry guns certainly my favorite caRRy revolver.
    Awesome Gun, i have the high polish SS the one that looks like Chrome, beautifully made and polished Gun could not find a fault with it (except the heavy trigger) and i own 2 smiths to compare.

No, nothing from Smith &Wesson will fit it , it is bigger than a Jframe because it is a 6 shot gun , it is the same size of a Colt D frame detective special , the Don Hume Holsters for the Colt detective special fit perfectly.

Join us over at www.taurusarmed.net to find out more about the 462, just scroll down to the Rossi page.

obtw , mine is dead on accurate at 21 yards with Speer Dold Dot 125 grn ammo.
    Thanks for the info. ! Think these grips would fit it ?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

(Monroe County)

Cruzan , let me know if they fit, i would get some too.

The Guy from Thailand who makes these grips is very popular over on the Taurus/Rossi board.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Cruzan , let me know if they fit, i would get some too.

The Guy from Thailand who makes these grips is very popular over on the Taurus/Rossi board.
    I will. Looked at his site a little further, and he has the same grips listed for Taurus small frame revolvers, so I think I will order them. I am sure I'll have to do a little work to get them to fit right, like drill an indend on both sides at the bottom for the posts, and maybe some other "tweeks". For the money, I think it's worth a try !

(Cumberland County)

Just ordered them from the guy in Thailand - I purchased a holster from him in the past so I know it will be decent stuff. I took my grips off and compared them to the picture he had on ebay and they were almost identicle inside ! Will just have to drill those small indents at the bottom of each side to fit the posts and should be good to go ! I'm assuming 2-3 weeks to get them, but as soon as the arrive and I get them on, I'll post some pics !

(Monroe County)

Good, Those 2 holes at the bottom of the grip is importatnt , it prevents the grip from slipping one the grips are installed.

Nyman

(Cumberland County)

I know I can get those Taurus grips to fit, but I asked him anyway what he thought - here is his reply - might want to keep your eyes on ebay !

Dear sir.
    I so sorry. Please forgive me.
    I don't make grips fit Rossi 462.
    But I will find from other factory in Thailand.
    I think about 2-3 weeks. I will selling on e-bay.
    Have a nice day.
    Thank you very much for interested.
    Best Regards,

- jaruwan.p

(Cumberland County)

Got the new grips from Thailand, and still need to tweek them a bit, they needed quite a bit of dremeling to fit. Bobbed the hammer last week, first time I took a dremel cut to a firearm !!! Here's the before and after - so far, so good I think
    Here's a couple before and after, can't seem to get them to upload so defaulting to photobucket :

Last edited by cruzans; November 11th, 2010 at 01:36 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast