Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Polish P-64

(Berks County)

Default Polish P-64

A couple weeks ago I got an email from AIM Surplus that showed they had a batch of P-64 pistols for sale. Even better, that they are C&R eligible. I snapped one up. I see they sold out quickly (two or three days) and after seeing/shooting mine, boy am I glad I got my order placed in time. I've seen that a P64 can be had for cheaper, but $200 shipped to my front door still makes me grin. I've had it to the range and it's a fun little shooter, extremely accurate.

But, this is a picture thread...

Awesome price for performance, I'll be looking for another one or two along the way. Maybe a vendor(s) at the Valley Forge gun show will have some for sale.

G.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Polish P-64

Very nice. I went back and forth about getting one and missed out. Yours is way nicer than I would've expected. Enjoy!

(Allegheny County)

They are nice guns. A bit of a snap to them but that's expected because they are small. The trigger is usually very heavy. Get yourself some snap caps or make them yourself and break that sucker in a little. There is a forum online that is dedicated to the P-64. It should have a some good info for you. Can't remember the site name but a Google will find it no prob.

Enjoy your new toy :-)

(Allegheny County)

wolf has a spring kit that will reduce the D/A trigger to usable weights. it did mine and it did wonders for the trigger. the forum is here;

http://www.p64resource.com/forum/
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Berks County)

Thanks guys. I bought the most popular flavor of Wolff springs for it, but rarely shoot in DA. Most likely, I'll try them in the next week or so and use whichever combo feels best. When I got it and tore it apart, I cleaned it real well and found a few friction areas with heavy tooling marks. I knocked those areas smooth and it really got things moving better.

Thanks for the link, I was poking around over there before I decided to buy one. Good info, the assembly pics were helpful. The thing I couldn't figure out was how to get the slide off/on. It's incredibly easy now, but I was like, "what the --" before I saw the pictures.

Unfortunately, I have a suspicion this is the beginning of a C&R addiction. Just what I need, lol.

Take care,
    G.

(Lancaster County)

Nice looking example you have. I ordered one from AIM's 2nd batch, which were "excellent" condition pistols for $179./shipped. It's not as nice as yours, but it's probably still a 97% gun.

Dan's Ammo got in a small batch last week, and I bought a 2nd from there. it's in comparable condition to my first pistol and it was only $169. with shipping.

What great pistols. If the opportunity presents itself to get another one cheap...I may just own three of these things.

Here's a pic of "P-64 number 1":
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gi14 View Post
    A couple weeks ago I got an email from AIM Surplus that showed they had a batch of P-64 pistols for sale. Even better, that they are C&R eligible. I snapped one up. I see they sold out quickly (two or three days) and after seeing/shooting mine, boy am I glad I got my order placed in time. I've seen that a P64 can be had for cheaper, but $200 shipped to my front door still makes me grin. I've had it to the range and it's a fun little shooter, extremely accurate.

But, this is a picture thread...

[IMG]http://www.giospeed.com/images/P64good2.jpg[/IMG
    Awesome price for performance, I'll be looking for another one or two along the way. Maybe a vendor(s) at the Valley Forge gun show will have some for sale.

G.
    Very nice - a real looker ! I'm going to have to check out AIM Surplus !

(Cumberland County)

Looks super slick, very nice.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here