Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Review: Enck's Gun Barn

I thought it would be a good idea to get a collection of gun stores, FFL, etc. in this forum.

It's sometimes hard to even find gun stores, and even harder to find reviews of them. I'll start it off.

I made a trip over to Enck's Gun Barn in Newmanstown the other day. It's about 16 miles west of Reading. I talked to them on the phone and they were very nice as well as in person. They were the only place in the area that had AR15 stripped lower receivers in stock (rock river). I should have a completed AR15 by the end of next week. Woohoo!

I believe they also do FFL transfers for an affordable fee.

If you've had experiences with them, please post.

Newmanstown, PA 17073
    Last edited by greyhouse; October 28th, 2006 at 01:22 PM.

Default Re: Review: Enck's Gun Barn

Enck's has been mentioned many times, you might try usung the search field to see if a shop has been mentioned...but all the same Enck's is a good place to so business with.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Northampton County)

Gee, I thought the formal reviews were a good idea and I was going to post some info on a shop/range I went to today, but now I'm afraid to because it may have been mentioned before. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post
    Enck's has been mentioned many times, you might try usung the search field to see if a shop has been mentioned...but all the same Enck's is a good place to so business with.
    "Encks," according to the search, has been mentioned in two threads in the entire forum. That is hardly what I would qualify as "many times." Get off your high horse and chill out.

I'm trying to bring some life to the Berks County forum and think one way to do that is to have more coverage of ranges, shops, meets, etc. in the area. If you have a better idea, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhouse View Post
    "Encks," according to the search, has been mentioned in two threads in the entire forum. That is hardly what I would qualify as "many times." Get off your high horse and chill out.

I'm trying to bring some life to the Berks County forum and think one way to do that is to have more coverage of ranges, shops, meets, etc. in the area. If you have a better idea, let me know.

Wasn't high horsing, I don't even own a horse, just stating a fact, allow me to rephse Enck's has been mentioned "multiple" times, wasn't telling you not to post was just trying to help out and pointing out the search option for more feed back on Enck's, as for your trying to get a collection of "Where to go" it's all ready been established, but thanks for looking out...

(Northampton County)

jdlv4_0,
    when you say "as for your trying to get a collection of "Where to go" it's all ready been established", are you referring to the "Shops" forum in the "Where to (or not to) Spend Money" section? If so, then perhaps you could have been more specific about this instead of stating "Where to go". If not, then please let me know where this forum is that you are talking about.

Assuming it is the "Shops" forum, then this is clearly not what was being developed by the "Review:" threads that that greyhouse was starting - and I would have liked to have continued. The "review" threads were consistent in layout, provided web links and addresses. The "Shops" forum contains rambling (no offense to posters there) threads that are not consistent in content or format - see the thread about "John's Gun & Tackle Room" as a good example of this.

Lastly, I think that greyhouse was trying to be quite polite when he said you were on your "high horse". In fact you sounded quite arrogant, condescending, and belittling to a new member that was trying to add to the site. If johnp wants to see this site grow then members like you should be taught some common sense posting manners.

Well I think new user should atleast get the Administrator's name correct, it's DanP, not John, and that's all I'm going to say, if you guys feel that anything needs improving, put it up in the suggestions area, have a nice night

(Berks County)

Well, I live in Reading, and never heard of this place - I am looking to buy an AR lower and the only reason I hadn't was because I didn't want to deal with finding an FFL to take the shipping for me.

So thanks.

(Northampton County)

jdlv4_0,
    great counter point - so I got Dan's name wrong... The only reason you had no other comment around it is because you are completely in the wrong and an arrogant little prick. You have a great night.

(Lancaster County)

I always like to hear about people's experiences with local gun shops. I especially like to hear about people's purchases and especially good buys. For me the more reviews the better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast