Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: SGL 67

(Lancaster County)

Default SGL 67

Anyone hunt SGL67?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: SGL 67

I give up. I started hunting there about 8 years ago,and saw plenty of deer. this year I have seen about 12. On opening day,I saw a button buck that was running a small doe, and about ten others(all doe),none of which gave me a shot.
    Being an Obama supporter isn't a crime. But it should be!!!

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot43 View Post
    I give up. I started hunting there about 8 years ago,and saw plenty of deer. this year I have seen about 12. On opening day,I saw a button buck that was running a small doe, and about ten others(all doe),none of which gave me a shot.
    Yea, well maybe the Pa. Game Commission ought to issue some more 'doe tags' and open the season longer so everyone can shoot of whats left. Now I am not a game bioligest( thank goodness )but anyone with any brains at all that has been around for any time can see whats happened.When the doe season was opened concurrent to buck season alot of people said YEA now I can get a deer, and they did,But now the excess is shot off and gone,,,so now it is going to take a long time for the herd to recuperate. In the mean time the Game Commission has finnally realized that they shot themsrlves in the foot. Hunters go out and hunt hard and don't see shit, you cannot keep- a young beginner hunter iinterested in the sport if he or she sets there all freaking day and sees nothing.

(Cambria County)

Not trying to sound like a dick at all but that place just sounds like a shitty spot to hunt. Deer are o'plenty out my way and crop damage was worse this year than last. The game commission is getting something right by keeping both seasons concurrent to each other for another year....

CMS

(Lancaster County)

I saw 1 deer at 11:45 on saturday. It was a 7 pointer and is now at the butcher. I am still unsure if I will make that 2.5 hr drive next year or not. I do love the beautiful country though, and all the locals are wonderful.

(Huntingdon County)

Although I hunt several private properties, I would suggest SGL259..SGL61 and especially SGL99 as 99 is near me and a very large portion of land which not as many people overhunt like the others.

(Perry County)

For those complaining about the PGC's management (or mismanagement) of the deer population, I highly recommend reading "Deer Wars". It will really shed a whole lot of light on a lot of things for you most likely. I know it has for me, and I haven't even read most of the book (still waiting for my turn in the rotation to borrow my dad's copy).
    - I support Israel; "If guns kill people my pencil causes bad spelling."

(Lancaster County)

Well. I said what the f$%*k and got a doe license for 4A so I guess I'll be there again this year. I think I will give #99 a look however. A guy I know also hunts there,and likes it a lot.

(Lancaster County)

Angry Re: SGL 67

Saw an 8 pointer on opening day! damn doe stood in the way and wouldn't move!