Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi-point arms ?

(Cambria County)

Question Hi-point arms ?

I think im going to just get me a Hi-Point 9mm, The new ones ive heard good things about, but i know the old ones are junk. Can any one here maybe give me some info ? I was considering a Sigma, but read that the triggers are way to heavy. If anyone can direct me to a web sight or store that i can get a cheep gun at to consider? or maybe someone selling one for around 100 - 150 As i said b4 my money is tight right now but my Area is falling apart aswell so i need to get a LTC. Thank you all =)

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Hi-point arms ?

There is nothing wrong with Hi-Point as a starter gun or first pistol. But I am sure you will want to step up to something thats easier to carry and with more features! But for the price, you can't beat a Hi-Point...

Here is some reading material on Hi-Point:
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pistols-4...h-hipoint.html
    Last edited by RocketFoot; November 10th, 2007 at 09:08 AM.

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Cambria County)

Talking Re: Hi-point arms ?

hey thanks man!!! that was fast =)

I have a HI point. I will tell you that if you are shying away from a SIGMA because of a poor trigger, you will not like the Hi Point trigger any better. Mine is a spongy mess.
    Jules

(Cambria County)

Question Re: Hi-point arms ?

Well i keep looking online for used firearms as well and all i can really see is they defeat the hole porpose with the prices of guns, ive found USED hi-point 9mms for 150-160, Well i can go to my local gun store and get a brand new, with extras for .... yeah 150, so why are they trying to rip everyone off? Second the prices of guns is way over priced, when you really look you can get something like a "good" gun for 150 bucks but its a 22. cal, Im not planing on hunting rabbits with it! A 22. maybe good for some people but i rather have a 1 hit kill if need be. If i was going to buy a 22. i might as well spend 10 bucks and get some throwing knives and maybe a rubber band to launch them with. Ive talked with a few Police officers and they said The hi points really arent so bad, They said even the criminals Hi points worked fine or they wouldent have been on the seen. Even Guns n Ammo Mag said the Hipoints for the price were impresive. The big big catch ive found to the NEW guns are , Are you ready for this? You have to keep them Clean ! WOW! what a horrible thing to have to do to a gun. People really need to shut up about " drug dealer" Guns and all that crap, for one Who would have an extra 700 -1000 bucks around? Hmm maybe a Drug dealer that makes free money, Or maybe the fact is they dont want to say that there $900 S&W sometimes jams. From everything ive been reading and watching about hipoint firearms gives good ratings, the only bad ratings ive seen are from people that make there "opinion" not facts at all, but only because they allready own a 357. S&W that was 900 bucks. Im sure if i had a $900 dollar gun i wouldent want the hipoint eather, BUT, I dont, so for the price of a hi point i think ill take my chances of having to clean it after i shoot it, Think of the Price of NOT owning a "crapy" Hipoint when some jerk wants your money, or kicks your grandmothers door down in his crack anguished induced rage. The FACT of the matter is, ALL guns that are autos Jam from time to time, depends on the ammo your useing and a lot of other factors. Ive shot and been around guns my hole life, American Hunter since i was old enuff to be. As an Unarmed Citizan, Im thinking the Hi point at very least may save a life and it might be my own. I dont care if you got a gun thats called " the best gun on the face of the planet" with papers saying so, That gun, like every other gun is only a machine, Machines all seem to break down at one point or another, for one reason or another, You can NOT tell me that a $900 dollar hand gun can save your life "better" than a $150 dollar one. Im sorry but as long as it shoots, one type of ammo with no jams, its better than nothing at all. Dont think im some weak minded idiot that wants to rant about Hi-points or trying to talk down a S&W, HELL NO, Me myself want to get something like a Hipoint just for a first carry gun, in time i want to move up to a Colt 1911 (I LOVE IT) or a Springfield arms Model. The hipoint for me, after shooting for find the right ammo, would really not get used much after. Im not running out every weekend to shoot it, maybe every other weekend or so maybe to make sure its working well.To be honest it would get cleaned more than fired =P Well i got to go to my so called Work soon, later all, take care and happy shooting. sorry for any mis spells got to hurry later !

(Lawrence County)

Hey, it's better than throwing a rock... Your 9mm hi-point will shoot the same bullet, just as fast, as my Ruger P95. I know all about money being tight... My first handgun was a Taurus .25acp that I paid 50 bucks for after trading in a shotgun I never really used. My Ruger, I bought used for 289 bucks only earlier this past year. I've already put over 4,000 rounds through the Ruger, not a hiccup yet. Some may look down on my Ruger as some may look down on your hi-point, but don't let it bother you. Just ask them the same question I did all those years when I carried the .25, "Would you like me to shoot you with it and see how crappy it really is"? The answer, however, will always be no... lol

Chaztakeprideinyourgunman321
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Cambria County)

Yes you are very right, thanks for the reply so fast . I cant say Rugers arent good, i used to have one years ago, Great guns =) Im allmost Deff that im getting a Hi-point just to have the killing power =P I could have goten a 25. cal for around 50 bucks but i saved my money for the 9mm, i want a 45. personaly, so a 25. just cant cut it for me. My only other offer so far was for a Single shot 410 Handgun, that would have been kinda kool to use Hp Slugs in it, but its the same price as the hi-point , so i might as well get the Cal i want, well second best choice at least. Thanks for the quick responce.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post
    Hey, it's better than throwing a rock...

LOL SO TRUE!

(Cambria County)

Exclamation Re: Hi-point arms ?

O btw , i want a LTCF for the reasons of In one week Less than a block away from my house there has been.

2. Stabings
    1. man with a Gun call
    1. robbery, and Slashed with a Knife
    1. Home Invasion

all less than a week for all that, and most of them happened about 200 yds down the road from me. I got a 10 Gauge Single Shot for my house right now, but thats nothing if im not at home, =/ Im out a lot in the night and early mornings for my small job delivering papers n what not (see why im broke), so im starting to worry a bit.
    Last edited by RonPaul08; November 11th, 2007 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul08 View Post
    O btw , i want a LTCF for the reasons of In one week Less than a block away from my house there has been.

2. Stabings
    1. man with a Gun call
    1. robbery, and Slashed with a Knife
    1. Home Invasion

all less than a week for all that, and most of them happened about 200 yds down the road from me. I got a 10 Gauge Single Shot for my house right now, but thats nothing if im not at home, =/ Im out a lot in the night and early mornings for my small job delivering papers n what not (see why im broke), so im starting to worry a bit.
    Definitely a good idea on your part. I always carry everywhere I'm legally allowed to myself, because you never know when your life may flash before your eyes.

As far as Hi-Point, I do not have any personal experience with them. I've heard some say they were fine and a real bargain, and others say they are trash. It wouldn't be my first choice, but I certainly would not presume to tell anyone they will have nothing but problems in buying one. The main reason I don't have one is because it's bigger and wider than I would carry. I'm mainly buying firearms that would be under a so called "assault weapons" ban in case there's another infringement coming up with our new president in 2009.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast