Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Wayne County Sheriff Is Pro Second

Quote Originally Posted by indiandave View Post
    I used to live in Wayne county when the old sheriff was there. Here's how it worked then.
    You had to make an appointment to be interviewed by the sheriff. This really sucked because it made the whole process a lot longer.
    As far as references, I did give them 2 references both were not from Wayne county. They didn't contact them. It really didn't matter who I used I guess.
    It took the full 45 days. It actually took longer for me because my address was a PO box and they wouldn't send my LTCF to a PO box. I had to go to their office to pick it up.
    It took time but I did get it.
    They still require the references but my understanding is that they just send out letters and wait to receive them back, I don't think they actually call them. I am pretty sure that everyone has to go in and pick up the license in person, they do not mail the license to anyone. I don't think Steelman actually does an interview, when I was there a few years ago he just asked if I had any questions when I was picking up my license.

Stonesriver1862: Buy a house in whatever county you want to, you should have no problem getting your license because the references do not have to live in the county.
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

(Wayne County)

Thanks all for the replies. It sounds like I should not have a problem. I can get PA references (just not from Wayne County). Am hoping not to have an experience moving into Pa like the experience my daughter had moving to CT. My daughter had a real problem in CT when she moved there because local officials added on their own particular requirements (even though it was against the law) making it practically impossible to get her handgun permit as a new resident of that state. Eventually she moved to another Town, more rural community, and got it right away.

(Wayne County)

All I know is I had a problem when I was young and I showed Sheriff Steelmen my papers that I had and he was fair and honest. I got my LTCF. I' ll keep my sheriff you can keep yours. Stoneriver welcome to Wayne County, I bailed on NJ in 2008 and I hate crossing the Delaware river now. I feel sorry my family members that stilllive in NY and NJ. If and when I get a chance to move south thats the direction I'll go next.
    Last edited by Qtrborecrazy; June 16th, 2013 at 09:07 PM. Reason: brain fart

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Stoneriver welcome to Wayne County, I bailed on NJ in 2008 and I hate crossing the Delaware river now.
    Interesting, I jumped ship the same year.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    I feel sorry my family members that stilllive in NY and NJ. If and when I get a chance to move south thats the direction I'll go next.
    And DITTO except I think that my first preference would be to head further west rather than south.
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

(Wayne County)

Exclamation Re: Wayne County Sheriff Is Pro Second

It is a reality. Been a long time in the making but my wife and I became PA citizens and residents of Wayne County as of the first of this year. The next step is for us to apply for our LTCFs. I have printed some forms from the Sheriff's website and will begin the process. Anyone aware of any developments in this area that would help make the process go smoothly? So pleased to be out of NJ.

(Wayne County)

Welcome to the area and congrats on your new found freedoms, where about in the county did you end up? There isn't anything that I can think of that you need to take in with you, just head into the courthouse, downstairs to the sheriff's office, submit your application and wait to hear back.

(Wayne County)

STONESRIVER1862 And if Mark is there, just look to your right if your speaking to Rosemarie at the counter you'll be able to see him, have a chat. Welcome to Pa. and Wayne county.

PS please get rid of Livingston NJ creepy.
    Last edited by Qtrborecrazy; January 17th, 2014 at 08:05 PM. Reason: da

(Lackawanna County)

so wait if i want a suppressor does he sign? Will he sign for me coming from Pike?

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    so wait if i want a suppressor does he sign? Will he sign for me coming from Pike?
    I don't know much about NFA applications, but I don't believe he would qualify for a CLEO sign-off for you since you don't live within his jurisdiction.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    I don't know much about NFA applications, but I don't believe he would qualify for a CLEO sign-off for you since you don't live within his jurisdiction.
    Thats what I'm trying to get around since our CLEO who claims he is pro 2a and for the most part is pretty good wont sign off on one. I've got this spare ar lower I cant decide what to do with and If I could suppress it would be a 300blk in a heartbeat.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast