Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad 48 hours

Default Bad 48 hours

Let me say the last 48 hours for me has sucked. I was in a car accident on Thursday...not only will my insurance go up, but I'll need to replace my car.

After the accident, I went home to do a credit report, to get some options for a new vehicle...I found an account on my credit report that was not mine, so I had to get that resolved.

Yesterday, I took the day off to take care of some issues. I went to West Chester to have the Chester Co. Sheriff sign my form 4. I made an appointment and when I arrived at 10AM, I was told she was in training all day. It took forever to get my finger prints completed. I was told by a deputy that the Sheriff would return and they would call me. It was an hour to get to West Chester for me, so I decided to stay and wait around for her signature. At 2:30PM someone at the Sheriff's office finally called...I was able to get the signature that I needed. My concern is the one set of fingerprints was blurry. And the Sheriff's Dept didn't have the federal finger printing form with them. I hope that it will still work for me and that the ATF does not reject my form 4.

Well last night we had some weather....knocked out the power...and I could not get my desktop to work at all. I have been working for hours trying to get the computer started. I have been forced to use our laptop. I am hoping that one of my techno wizard buddies on the forum can hook me up.

Sorry for the long rant, but it's been a bad two days.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Bad 48 hours

Yikes Aub, sorry to hear that!

"When bad luck comes, it comes all at once."

What problem are you having with your computer? Im no expert, but I play one in the radio. Get on the chat with your laptop, I might be able to help.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Westmoreland County)

Well, when things go that bad, they can only get better.

Try the nearest PSP barracks for fingerprints. I think most are doing it electronically.

(Philadelphia County)

aubie, sorry to hear about that, when it rains it pours.

I hope you weren't hurt in the accident, are you ok from a physical standpoint?

As for your computer, chances are it's ok and can be fixed. Did you have a surge protector for it? Next time I see you in the chat I'd be happy to try and resolve it or if we ever shoot out your way I'd be happy to look at it.

Let me know if I can help in any way.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Berks County)

Hey aub,

Sorry to hear about the car accident. Glad to hear that you're OK; the car can always be replaced.

Hope that the days going forward are better then the last few.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I am alright because the car accident occured while only doing around 20mph.

I do have a surge protector...I get a blue screen that gives me instructions on what to do, but the screen is locked up...I am not able to use any buttons on my keyboard.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the kind words. I am alright because the car accident occured while only doing around 20mph.

I do have a surge protector...I get a blue screen that gives me instructions on what to do, but the screen is locked up...I am not able to use any buttons on my keyboard.
    What does the screen say?
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Bucks County)

Sorry to hear about all the bad luck Aubie. Pitching your computer out the window may help you feel better or maybe buying a new gun, we would all understand...Mike45

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    I get a blue screen that gives me instructions on what to do, but the screen is locked up...I am not able to use any buttons on my keyboard.
    Ahhh..

the blue screen of death!

Hard-drive failure?

Fried Motherboard?

You sure you didnt spill a soda on your keyboard?
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

WOW!
    All i can say is man, , AT LEAST YOU ARE ALRIGHT AND NOT HURT from the accident. Im sorry to hear you had a rough couple of days you a trooper though and i know it takes more than that to get "the man, the myth, the legend" aubie down. SO i hope all is well!
    OH! and im back from my wedding carribean vacation!
    Talk to you soon buddy.
    Drak
    Life and Liberty, Freedom for all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast