Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AK74

(Monroe County)

Default Re: AK74

Look at the side of the receiver where the magazine goes into the receiver if you see a long rectangular box depression it is a machined gun , if you see a small oval dpression it is a stamped gun.

Wish i had some Pictures for you , But Lycanthrope or Noah might soon post some pics for you.

http://www.bigboomstick.com/sale/slr105r.jpg

Here's what I have with the small ovals so it's stamped.

Beuaty . Now get yourself a milled one to round out your collection .

OK so I went to the range today and fired the AK74 and the Sig P229. Now I have fired the same pistol before as my LEO friend has one for duty; love the Sig!
    The Bulgarian SLR-105 5.45x39 is by far the best rifle I have fired in the SLR class. There was a couple at the range today with a Bushmaster varmint AR and while the guy was at the car and the girls says to me "nice rifle" in a slightly southern accent(Texas), so I reply "would you like to shoot it" so she does and all I heard was OH MY GOD I love it. Big hug for the kid(me) and now the conversation starts and were talking for like an hour and now during the convo she says to him "I like his better than yours" which obviously got both our attentions. Long story short me and Texas had a great time shooting my new rifle and now she wants one for Christmas. Man the southern accent is nice.

Two questions: 1, is that a kit build, and 2, what flavor sling do you have on there?

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    Two questions: 1, is that a kit build, and 2, what flavor sling do you have on there?
    No I believe it's a complete rifle no build kit. I have no sling at the moment, can you recommend one?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    I have no sling at the moment, can you recommend one?
    Can't go wrong with a an OSOE single point or two point. I think they're the best in the world, and they're made here in the U.S. I put a single point on the WASR you sold me, and it's beyond great. They have a lifetime guarantee, so if it takes a dump on you they'll repair it or replace at no charge and with no questions asked.

SOE Single Point

SOE Two Point

Hope all is well, bro. Would love to meet up and go shooting sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Conglomeration Al View Post
    Can't go wrong with a an OSOE single point or two point. I think they're the best in the world, and they're made here in the U.S. I put a single point on the WASR you sold me, and it's beyond great. They have a lifetime guarantee, so if it takes a dump on you they'll repair it or replace at no charge and with no questions asked.

SOE Single Point

SOE Two Point

Hope all is well, bro. Would love to meet up and go shooting sometime.
    Thanks Al I will check them out. Call me whenever we'll figure out a range trip.

Vtac two point adjustable is good too. as far as single point sling I'd probably stay away from one not very comfortable setup when you have to roll around in the dirt or run but it's just my personal opinion. Experts tend to disagree on viability of single point too. +1 on SOE gear though good company

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by matrosov View Post
    Vtac two point adjustable is good too. as far as single point sling I'd probably stay away from one not very comfortable setup when you have to roll around in the dirt or run but it's just my personal opinion. Experts tend to disagree on viability of single point too. +1 on SOE gear though good company
    VTac 2-point has a more elegant and functional slider widget. Sucker is wicked long, though that can be fixed if you don't mind shortening it and slipping the sling over your left shoulder to shoot lefty.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast