Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Chitwood at it again

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=5751087

UPPER DARBY, Pa. - November 8, 2007 - A huge haul of weapons has been taken from a house in Upper Darby.

The Delaware County Bomb Squad, ATF and Upper Darby police were called to the scene in the 300 block of South State Street around 5:00 Thursday afternoon.

They removed rifles, bows and arrows, and working homemade cannons. Investigators said the home was packed wall-to-wall with explosives and weapons. They also seized a machine gun, empty grenades and explosive powders.

"It certainly was a ticking time bomb," said Michael Chitwood of Upper Darby police.

Investigators stumbled upon the arsenal after neighbors reported a fire in the garage.

A resident was actually operating a wood-burning stove. When township inspectors arrived at the home, they said they were denied access. So, they got a search warrant.

"The next thing you know we see all these guns and explosive materials. We had to call in the bomb squad. Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms is involved. They're taking some of the items out," said Chitwood.

Police said they also found crack cocaine in the house. Four people who live here have been taken into custody. Police said they face numerous drug and weapons charges.

(Copyright 2007 by Action News and 6abc. All Rights Reserved.)

Wonder how that cocaine got there??? As far as i could tell it was mostly older guns possibly C&R. Upper darby will soon be gun free. how long untill other towns start this crap?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Chitwood at it again

the guy i saw on cbs said that it seemed like the man collected guns. and said in a way that made it sound evil. they are saying he is getting a weapons of mass destruction charge yet all he had were guns and IEDs

(Cambria County)

What is the difference between an IED in the US compared with a similar device found in foreign soil?

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    What is the difference between an IED in the US compared with a similar device found in foreign soil?
    No difference other than possibly the material available for use in it's manufacture. But thats why the call it improvised explosive device.
    "You never lived till you almost died, for those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"

(Erie County)

I hope there is more to that story. How the fuck did they get a warrant!?!?!?

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    My thoughts exactly... what PC did they possess to convince a judge to sign a warrant? But, that is assuming the system worked properly, and it wasnt signed as a favor, or for repayment of a favor, etc.

(Fayette County)

I too hope there is more to that story because that doesn't sound right. Since when is collecting guns a crime? They even made it sound like finding a bow with arrows was evil?
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." - Elbert Hubbard

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    to my understanding, the neighbors call 911 and reported a fire in the garage of this guy. (it turned out to be a guy on a wood stove) but when the police showed up the owner of the home would not let them in, so they went and got a warrant. i dont know on what grounds they got it but thats the back story.

Do they consider IEDs weapons of mass destruction? if so i think they throw that term around alittle too much. and what do they count as an IED? from what i get from this, if im playing with dry ice, putting it in water bottles and adding water so they blow up, i could get a WMD charge? thats ridiculous.

(Cumberland County)

Hey we live in the land of the free, don't forget it..

All of you who reload watch out..

I like the empty grenade comment, That is clearly a danger since he has gun powder for his cannon..

(Bucks County)

Exercising your fourth amendment rights is grounds for a warrant? Something smells bad about this whole thing.
    Snowflakes in Hell Blog
    Where There's Snow, There's Firepower
    http://snowflakesinhell.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast