Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Craigslist tweakers...

...are far more "well-behaved" when there is a firearm openly displayed on your hip. I've got a couple of vehicles up on CL and eBay, and the phone calls are nothing short of stupid. "Ya'll trade fer a teevee?" "Whaddabout a sidea beef?" I'll trade for American currency, precious metals, or firearms...that's it. All kinds of aggressive and wanting to haggle me with offensively low offers (I'm only asking $1200 for the damn car, that's not really that much in the first place)...then they show up, see the piece on my hip, and get all "yes sir, no sir, thanks for your time sir". I have to OC more often...

yeah, it's a pointless post, but I needed to share/vent.

(Montgomery County)

Thumbs down Re: Craigslist tweakers...

Craigslist buyers are the biggest cheapf*cks on the planet.

Virtual garage sale vultures.

Central PA hick versions are even worse.

Default Re: Craigslist tweakers...

Did you get any $150 emails? I sent about 30 a week or 2 back. lol I just scrap 'em.
    -Remember the Constitution-

(Bucks County)

Oh the joys of Craigslist ! I sold a 2002 Honda CR125 dirtbike on there about a year ago. The bike was in excellent condition had about 20hrs on the engine. I put it up for $1400 B/O. I made the mistake of putting my phone # in the ad. I was receiving calls at 1am asking if I would take $500 and deliver the bike to places like north Philly and camden. I did get lucky and had a nice kid buy it for $1350. I have learned not to put my phone # in the ad and to be prepared to get about 1000 scammers.

(Cumberland County)

Hahaha, oh the joys of Craigslist... There's an old trick I learned. If you wanna mess with one of your buddies you post an ad for a free lawnmower, used but runs great. Then put your buddies phone number in the ad. He'll be answring calls for days.

This is a cruel trick and I'd never reccomend doing it...
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Hahaha, oh the joys of Craigslist... There's an old trick I learned. If you wanna mess with one of your buddies you post an ad for a free lawnmower, used but runs great. Then put your buddies phone number in the ad. He'll be answring calls for days.

Well @ least you didn't say put his number in the 'men seeking men' section.

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post

I may or may not have done this last winter, only substituting "snowblower" for "lawnmower". His phone never stopped ringing...um, I mean, his phone wouldn't have stopped ringing, had I actually done this.

(Lehigh County)

what kinda vehicles ya have up???? i tried selling my monte carlo on there and some guy asked me if i would take 600 for it.... its a 1980 in damn good shape with the 231 turbo and a "primo" continental kit...only 500 in existance... bastard... however i sold a kawasaki vulcan 750 and got what i asked for it.... so its mixed reviews here..

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrepp61 View Post
    what kinda vehicles ya have up???? i tried selling my monte carlo on there and some guy asked me if i would take 600 for it.... its a 1980 in damn good shape with the 231 turbo and a "primo" continental kit...only 500 in existance... bastard... however i sold a kawasaki vulcan 750 and got what i asked for it.... so its mixed reviews here..
    I had an old BMW 535i up for $1200, took a grand (would have been happy w/ $700)...just wanted it gone--sold in 12 hours. Also had a 1978 Honda CB750 sidecar rig up for $2200, put up Monday afternoon, sold Tuesday afternoon, picked up Wednesday AM. Not too bad, have never had anything move that quick...and this is totally the wrong season to try selling a bike.

(Allegheny County)

We have sold a lot of stuff on CL over the years. We got rid of a lot of manure too. I have to call that guy back in the spring and try to unload some of this crap.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast