Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default US ARMY GO @#$% YOURSELF

well I just found out I'm going to be branched as a POG quartermaster leiutenant...my 13 choice.....go fuck yourself US ARMY.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Delaware County)

Default Re: US ARMY GO @#$% YOURSELF

Quote Originally Posted by axmdr40 View Post
    well I just found out I'm going to be branched as a POG quartermaster leiutenant...my 13 choice.....go fuck yourself US ARMY.
    May I ask, what does that mean that you're upset about? I know nothing about the Army, what does POG stand for?

It makes me sick the army won't cave to this child and give him his number 1 pick , what else are they there for? what a crock , get yourself a lawyer and sue , if that don't work a well placed temper tamptrem should work. Better yet . perhaps a letter from mother saying you made a mistake would they let you go. Or here is an idea , man up and consider it a priviledge to serve this country.

(Bucks County)

beats the hell out of being shot at. What was your top 5? Was a day they guaranteed it but maybe I'm just showing my age.

(Venango County)

LOL....youngins.......Man I wish I had known you were going in....there IS such a thing as "Guaranteed Job" , but the recruiters never seem to mention that one.

If you don;t go with a guarantee...they put you where they feel you will work best for them.....BTW...you can always cross train....after a few years.....

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    May I ask, what does that mean that you're upset about? I know nothing about the Army, what does POG stand for?
    I think he's going to be some kind of desk jockey, and he's not happy about it. I'm no expert, so I could be wrong.

(Allegheny County)

My father-in-law served in WWII.
    In reading his diary, I found several entries indicating his displeasure with his "job".

He served. It honestly makes little difference to me in what capacity.
    I have great respect for anyone who serves in our armed forces.

He's the reason I started this thread: http://www.pafoa.org/forum/general-2...es-photos.html

axmdr, sounds like you got hosed, but they say everything happens for a reason. I hope things work out for you in the end.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Heard the term used by AF flygirls for guys who never leave the ground. Never heard it for the army but since he is - will be - QM (fancy word for stockboy ) it may be a guy who never leaves the base. Too many years out of the game so it may meaning something completely different. Where is Sgt. when we need him!

Why is he upset? Well, when one is young they want to be where the action is. May God grant him the time to gain the wisdom to over come such foolish thoughts May God continue to bless him either way.

Go ARMY!

(Susquehanna County)

So you're just finishing ROTC or what? What was your first choice? And you've been branched to QM, so wait until you've finished your Officer's Basic Course then volunteer for airborne, during your airborne training you'll have the oppurtunity to volunteer for Ranger training or Special Forces. If you stay with airborne you could be assigned to the 82nd or to 18th Aiborne Corps and you'll find right quick that the QM guys in brigade, division and Corps trains are responsible for their own security, no one does it for them.

Or if you opt for and are selected for Ranger or Special Forces (SF is now its own branch IIRC or at least it was when I retired), it will be much easier to branch transfer to a Combat Arm, if that was what you wanted to begin with or if you don't like any of those options, apply for rotor wing or fixed wing flight training. You have lots of options, calm down and explore them.

Remember: "A sucking chest wound is nature's way of telling you to slow down."

WMG, back off, you obviously don't know shit.

POG is "people other than grunt"

I'm not pissed about not getting my first choice, any of my top 5 and I would have gracioiusly accepted it, hell any of my top ten! I'm pissed because I've been shit on. I did pretty decent on the order of merit list (which is somewhat of an indicator of how close to your top choice you will get) I didn't join the Army to pass out shit to real soldiers. My cadre counter-part is well connect in with FA Branch control...working the options.

Philly- top 5 were Infantry, Armor, Engineers, Field Artillery, MP.

I'm not eager to get shot at, I want to do what I know and love, which is conducting combat operations. Its where I thrive and where I believe my leadership skills should be best applied.

Brick, been there, done that.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast