Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Looking to buy sig near 16803

I'e been to cove creek in bedford and east coast in duncansville. I would like to do business with cove but they have no idea when they will get what i want in.

east coast is 2-250$ more than covecreek.

basically, i'd like to go to a fair shop that can get a sig p226 tactical operations in 9mm in and likely trade two rifles and put towards that. anyone know any shops? or, if i could get it in from local dealer would be good too.

thanks

(Centre County)

Default Re: Looking to buy sig near 16803

Belding and Mull near Phillipsburg, J and E Guns in Bellefonte ( a member here, so PM them?), Grice Gun Shop in Clearfield, Bob's Army Navy also in Clearfield. Call around and see the prices and/or availability b4 you drive all over--- I have never laid eyes on the specific gun you are asking about in any of those shops, so chances are it will have 2b ordered. These are local assuming your are in 16803 and not the other zip.

I was never impressed with East Coast's prices or (especially) their service. YMMV.
    Last edited by FLICK; October 10th, 2010 at 03:18 PM.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Allegheny County)

I was quoted $960 awhile back at Cove Creek for a Tac Ops, however I was looking for a .40 which they had in stock. Not sure who else carries these, not alot of dealers stock them from what I've found. I've also had good dealings with both East Coast and Cove Creek. I'd say check with Grice's too, they had alot of SIGs last time I was up their way.
    On a side note, be aware that SIG recently switched their mag contract over to Checkmate Industries for the 20rnd SCT mags that come with the Tac Ops and other models. There have been reports that these mags do not function anywhere near 100% like their Mec-Gar contract versions did.
    Last edited by DBZ220; October 10th, 2010 at 04:20 PM.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by blysccr View Post

That just doesn't sound right ........... I don't know what model your looking for but ECGS is as competitive as they get!
    The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by blysccr View Post
    I'e been to cove creek in bedford and east coast in duncansville. I would like to do business with cove but they have no idea when they will get what i want in.

basically, i'd like to go to a fair shop that can get a sig p226 tactical operations in 9mm in and likely trade two rifles and put towards that. anyone know any shops? or, if i could get it in from local dealer would be good too.

thanks
    Dear blysccr,
    You do understand that you are looking for a special, harder to find pistol? My local gunstore will order anything I want but will expect it to be pretty close to retail. My suggestion would be to find the best deal you can on Gunbroker and then ship it to an FFL close to you to do the transfer.
    Second, if you want to trade in some of your existing guns on the new gun? You can expect to take a beating on the trade in value if they do the trade in for you. I am thinking maybe 25% of retail as a trade in value? Why? They have overhead AND are in it for profit; otherwise, they will go out of business. My second suggestion would be to sell your rifles right here in the want ads. You would get more for your rifles and be happier in the long run.
    Good luck,
    Smitty56

(Centre County)

Red face Re: Looking to buy sig near 16803

I know this isn't the same gun, but you may be able to save some $$$. Found in classifieds....

http://forum.pafoa.org/firearms-6/11...e-750-obo.html

Again, I am aware this isn't the same gun. I am also aware someone may break my balls and tell me this isn't the same gun...... so......
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.