Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Angry Cutaway vest hints.

Ok so now I know for sure why AK was designed the way it was. Because this dumb russian has no clue how to operate finer pieces of machinery.

Long story short. Going for a few carabine, rifle classes this year and next year. One of them I registered for Monday and it is held tomorrow. So the need for LBE of some sort became apparent. Wanted to go NATO vs. tried and true Russian chest rig that I couldn't get anyway on such a short notice. So I buy myself a Blackhawk tacticool cutaway vest at the local shop. It's comfortable but I had to see what cutaway is. So I pulled that cord. Now I have a vest in three pieces the stupid hook and loop thing keeps fighting me when I try to insert shoulder straps back in. So I figure there has to be an easy way it's just not apparent to my Russian mind. Of course there is no manual that came with that vest so I can't RTFM at this point.

So do help and tell me the easy way to put this SOB back together before I shoot it... please.

Default Re: Cutaway vest hints.

Not familiar with the vest(never let that stop me) but from working with velcro in enclosures. If you are trying to insert a velcro strap use a piece of stiff card board or plastic to maintain seperation until they are where you want them then slowly remove as you bond them.
    Hope that this helps.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

Default Re: Cutaway vest hints.

Phill I'm having a duh moment now. Thanks a lot this solved my problem really fast . Still I'm surprised they didn't come up with some simple assembly tools for this like a plastic guide and maybe a fishing line to completely pull it in. Access holes on that vest are very small. Well... lesson learned pull cords are good on parachutes not so good on cutaway vests and hand grenades .