Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: My letter to the editor... Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    Well, do we really want to end this man's career over a drunken mistake? After all the years of public service that he's given?
    I hope you are being sarcastic because that is way beyond a mistake. But regardless of that the fact remains that it was a criminal offense for which a normal citizen would have been crucified, why should he get off?

(Philadelphia County)

Well, do we really want to end this man's career over a drunken mistake? After all the years of public service that he's given?
    I TRULY, HONESTLY hope that you are just being sarcastic or just trolling.

If you are not trolling, then I'll answer your questions.

YES. He should be crucified and burnt at the stake.

If YOU shot an unarmed person, in a confrontation where YOU are the aggressor, your ass would be in jail so fast its not even funny. The judge would throw the book at you and you'd lose your entire life savings in paying for a defense.

Unless, of course. You are a cop. In which case the laws do not apply to you.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Wiley:
    Take the title out of the drunken pricks name, and you have defendant. Hell yes I want him prosecuted, just like anyone else. He's sworn to uphold the law, he defaces that oath by pulling BS like this and gives everyone else a bad name. He doesn't deserve to wear the uniform if he conducts himself in this manner, on or off the clock. He's an adult, he should suffer the consequences of his actions, as would any civilian.

(Allegheny County)

If nothing else, think of the children and how their trust in the police will be destroyed when Officer Bob goes to jail.

For crying out loud, anyone who has been here for more than a week knows that I view most police as criminals waiting for their opportunity.
    Last edited by Wiley-X; October 6th, 2010 at 09:15 PM.

I say yes, the cop should be treated like eveyone else. If we're going to be charged with reckless endangerment for an ND then everyone who has one should be charged regardless of their job or position in society.

Personally I think the circumstances of a ND should be considered before charges are made. It's one thing to have gotten stupid while stowing, cleaning, loading etc. It's another to be engaging in gun play, showing off, or making threats.

I'd love to know the circumstances behind why anyone would have an ND in a supermarket. I don't fiddle with my guns at the range let alone in public places. Just doesn't seem...ya know....safe.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

If nothing else, think of the children and how their trust in the police will be destroyed when Officer Bob goes to jail.

For crying out loud, anyone who has been here for more than a week knows that I view most police as criminals waiting for their opportunity.
    So your a cop lovin' let 'em do as they please sorta guy. Who'da guessed?

I haven't read the second part yet, I'll comment on it when I get to it.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12