Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default American Arms and Ammo-Colmar

Thought i would post this here even though it happened two weeks ago and I forgot about it until just now. Went to AA&A to pick up some 180gr speer gold dots for my G23. I picked up a box and while in my car after leaving the store figured I would open up the box for some reason. Usually I wouldn't do that until I got home, but for some reason that day I did. Inside the box that was definitely a speer gold dot box marked as 180 gr GDHP was a full box of what I instantly recognized as NOT speer gold dots

What they were, in fact, were Federal Hydroshoks. I have used them before so I recognized them instantly. I went back in the store and the befuddled clerk switched that box for another of what this time were indeed the product I sought. Weird.

This isn't the first time i've had a shady experience here. I bought my first handgun here when i didn't know any better (my first G23 actually) and they gave me 2 10 round mags instead of the two 13 round ones that its supposed to come with. Didn't know that then and it was only last year. Anyway, caveat emptor.
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

(Delaware County)

Default Re: American Arms and Ammo-Colmar

Hm. I bought my first handgun there as well as my first few boxes of ammo (though I bought Hydrashoks). I have nothing negative to say, in fact, quite the opposite, because he gave me a good discount and wasrather pleasant to deal with.

I hope this is not a common occurance.
    Junior

(Montgomery County)

I've been dealing with Fred,Ken and Pat, the owners, since i bought my first AR in 1992...and moved with them thru 3 different gun shops...
    Dons guns
    Archery & gun outfitters
    AA&ammo

NEVER have i had a bad experience, and this is my preferred gunshop

sounds like you got your issue fixed right away, and i know the SHOP didn't swap the ammo out in the box probably some customer looking at the 2 types and slid the trays back in the wrong boxes..

if your g23 was used, and i'm betting it was, they gave you the mags the previous buyer brought it in with, remember, from 1994 to 2004, G23s came with 10rd mags.

that shop does nothing shady, ever.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Bucks County)

They special ordered a rifle for me earlier this year and I've purchased some ammo & supplies from them as well. I've had good service and fair prices from them each time I've stopped by.

I'm sort of surprised to hear that someone had something bad to say about them, because that's not the type of experiences I've had there.

(Berks County)

Double check the box that your original G23 came in. If it was new and came with 10 rounders it was probably marked as being legal in Ca. In that case it would be shame on you, not shame on them.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Cool Re: American Arms and Ammo-Colmar

Been dealing with Fred since he was with Donn's. He and Pat are the greatest guys ya could ever hope to deal with.

Their other partner 'Ken' is a first class jerk! Arrogant , ignorant and not very knowledgable about guns either.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    I've been dealing with Fred,Ken and Pat, the owners, since i bought my first AR in 1992...and moved with them thru 3 different gun shops...
    Dons guns
    Archery & gun outfitters
    AA&ammo

NEVER have i had a bad experience, and this is my preferred gunshop

sounds like you got your issue fixed right away, and i know the SHOP didn't swap the ammo out in the box probably some customer looking at the 2 types and slid the trays back in the wrong boxes..

if your g23 was used, and i'm betting it was, they gave you the mags the previous buyer brought it in with, remember, from 1994 to 2004, G23s came with 10rd mags.

that shop does nothing shady, ever.
    No, it was brand new and marked as such, actually.
    I never said the SHOP purposely did it. I just wanted to relay what happened there. If it could happen to me it could happen to someone else. I certainly hope the issue would be fixed right away. What are they gonna say, too bad you're beat?
    They're overpriced anyway. Tanners is my shop. I just stopped in b/c it was on my way to where i was going that day.
    Last edited by glockmaster; October 6th, 2010 at 08:35 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Been dealing with Fred since he was with Donn's. He and Pat are the greatest guys ya could ever hope to deal with.

Their other partner 'Ken' is a first class jerk! Arrogant , ignorant and not very knowledgable about guns either.
    I have dealt with Pat before and he's a nice guy, I agree.

(Bucks County)

i've stopped in AA&A on a couple of occasions and purchased my sig556 rifle there for 1275 OTD when everyone else was selling them for 1400-1450. i've always been treated well the few times i've stopped in just to brouse and their prices always seemed fair and competitive. this is the first time i've ever read a negative complaint about them. the ammo mix up sounds weird but i purchased some 9mm ammo from another shop a few years ago and when i got home and opened the box low and behold it was 380 ammo. went back to the shop to return it and when they checked other boxes of 9mm they too had 380 in them.
    Last edited by wellcraft; October 7th, 2010 at 05:23 PM.

(Montgomery County)

I have dealt with them a lot and have never had any problems at all. It sounds like you bought a 10 round gun, that was marked as a 10 round gun. sounds like you should have done some research first. However with a name on here like yours you should have known better. the ammo seems to have been taken care of too. not sure what the problem is, or how it is their fault. The guys there are great to deal with, and know a lot about guns and the business

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast