Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: C'mere deer

(Clinton County)

Default C'mere deer

Does it work well enough to get them on a small rise visible out my living room side window then switch to corn or salt, so my wife can watch them now and then?

Default Re: C'mere deer

Say Again?
    FUCK BIDEN

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Montell C. Williams View Post
    Does it work well enough to get them on a small rise visible out my living room side window then switch to corn or salt, so my wife can watch them now and then?
    Trying to attract deer close enough to let the wife see them? If so how committed are you? While Corn, salt licks, apples, and acorns all make for decent bait you stand a better chance of attracting them regularly by planting something they like to eat rather than just putting it out on occasion. Planting it, whether trees (you can get apple trees that will bear fruit in a year or two from planting, oaks might take a little longer) or a ground plant such as alfalfa, soybean or just about anything else in a garden, and if there are deer in the area they will find it. The advantage of planting it is that the deer find it all year round and often build a visit into their regular travel route.

I have a few apple trees in my backyard and a garden. I couldn't keep the deer out if I tried, which I don't .

(Clinton County)

There is only a small clearing about 25 feet wide and 70 feet long visible and that is surrounded by large trees that block most sunlight in summer, I doubt it is suitable for planting.

(Perry County)

Buy a salt block and setup there. They'll come. As for C'mere Deer, i've heard mixed reviews. I'd try the salt block first.

Just an interesting story....

My grandparents live directly across the road from my parents. One morning while I was still living at home, my dad woke me up at 6 AM to check something out. My grandparents have an apple tree right in their front yard, and i'll be damned if there wasn't a 6x6 Bull Elk eating from the tree. It was pretty awesome. Nothing beats natual bait. Harrisburg kinda sucks due to the fact that you can't wake up and see Elk 20 yards from your house.
    Last edited by Buckmark.35; November 8th, 2007 at 09:52 AM.