Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: HB 40 Race to the finish line in the Senate

received this email from Senator Orie

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 12:46:05 -0400
    To: <@verizon.net>

Rick---I strongly support!!!
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Butler County)

In emails/faxes/phone calls do we refer to it as SB842? Think that's the number for HB40 senate bill.
    Last edited by DonM55; October 6th, 2010 at 12:41 AM.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonM55 View Post
    In emails/faxes/phone calls do we refer to it as SB842? Think that's the number for HB40 senate bill. (Oops SB482)
    As I understand it, a bill will KEEP it's name through the senate....therefore it WILL BE HB40.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Chester County)

ahhh, the fresh look of the new HB 40 thread!

just want to make it clear in this thread too:

~I WILL REP ANYONE WHO POSTS THEIR LETTERS TO SENATORS URGING SUPPORT OF HB 40 IN THIS THREAD!~

get emailing!!!

(Berks County)

This email was sent to Mike Opake, this AM

Dear Mike,
    I am writing you to urge you to do everything you can to expedite and support HB 40 without amendments.

The people of pennsylvania want this bill passed, so that they can protect their homes without fear of losing it in a legal battle if some thug breaks in their home and sues them

The mere thought of a person being able to sue someone after breaking into their home is ludicrous.

Do not be persuaded by the anti gun rhetoric

This bill has nothing to do about guns
    The same could be said if i protect myself with a baseball bat or a fork, why should an intruder be able to sue me in my own home or car or wherever i have the right to be

As minority whip I am urging you to support this bill

(Allegheny County)

From Jane Orie, concerning the ammendments from last week:

Absolutely not---I have an A grading from NRA-------AND FIGHT VIGOROUSLY
    TO UPHOLD THE 2ND AMENDMENT!!
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Delaware County)

My Message to Edwin Erickson (R) from Delaware County (Dist. 26)

Dear Ed,

I am writing you to urge you to do everything you can to expedite and support HB 40 without amendments.

Pennsylvanians want this bill passed, so that they can protect themselves, their family and friends, their home, and others.

How can a criminal be able to sue someone after breaking into their home? Why does a homeowner have to fear losing a legal battle if a criminal or multiple criminals break into their home and file suit. The answers to both questions are simply, They Shouldn't!

As a Business owner with a Family at home i can't stress this bill enough. The law abiding citizens need it and we need your help.

I hope myself and others from Delaware county and the rest of the state for that matter can count on you.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
    VF

Hopefully a positive reply will be recieved.
    Last edited by VinF88; October 6th, 2010 at 02:25 PM.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32148&dateline=128288  0834

Understandably, the previous thread was locked so that we can start our focus on getting the Senate to move quickly and swiftly on HB 40 without amendments. I wasn't, though, able to add the last segment of the House Session Video to that thread, so I will just refer members interested in viewing the proceedings of HB 40 in the House to go the the following link:

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ml#post1358860 (Castle Doctrine HB 40 in 09 does anyone REALLY want this passed? If so please read)

Now to start sending emails and faxes to our Senators. I will post a copy of what I send. We can do this...... with determination and focus...... we can do this!

Updated: ChamberedRound was kindly able to update the House thread with the last video so that it has all of the Session Videos in one place. I have replaced the Youtube link with the thread link. Thanks.
    Last edited by MHavoc; October 6th, 2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Updated link

(Chester County)

To my Senator, Mr. Pileggi:

Dear Senator Pileggi,

I am writing to request that you support HB 40 - The House approved Castle Doctrine Bill for PA with a "YES" vote. This bill is a sound and good bill that will protect my individual rights as a law abiding tax paying citizen and provide protection to our children and families in the future. As shown by the overwhelming House votes on the matter, the people of Pennsylvania want this bill passed so that they can protect their homes and families without fear of losing a legal battle if some thug breaks in their home and then sues them unjustly.

Further, as Majority Floor Leader, a strong supporter of our second amendment, and my elected Senator, I am urging you to take the lead on this House HB40 bill that is coming your way and not only support it, but aggressively move it for unamended vote during the Senate Sessions Oct 13-Oct 15, 2010.

I kindly thank you for your time.

me ..........

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MHavoc View Post
    Understandably, the previous thread was locked so that we can start our focus on getting the Senate to move quickly and swiftly on HB 40 without amendments. I wasn't, though, able to add the last segment of the House Session Video to that thread, so I will just refer members interested in viewing the proceedings of HB 40 in the House to go the the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/PACastleDoctrine#p/u

Now to start sending emails and faxes to our Senators. I will post a copy of what I send. We can do this...... with determination and focus...... we can do this!
    MHavoc,
    Please PM me the link to the last segment of the video, and I'll updated the closed HB40 thread, that way everything is there as a reference.

UPDATE:
    I've added a message from WhiteFeather to the last post of the HB40 thread (http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ml#post1358925), as he wanted to send a personal "Thank You" to the Reps who voted in favor of HB40.

In addition, I've edited MHavoc's post with the House video to include the final segment. See here:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ml#post1358860
    Last edited by ChamberedRound; October 6th, 2010 at 09:21 AM.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast