United Field Trialers association will be holding a field trial for pointing and flushing dogs hosted by Silver Pigeon Gun Dogs in California Pa on Sunday October 10. We will have open, 2 amateur and doubles pointing also open and doubles flushing events. Open pointing and flushing are 2-3 bird runs combining the scores together, armature is 1-3 bird run, doubles pointing is 2 hunters 2 dogs and 1- 6 bird run , doubles flushing is 2 hunters 1dog and 1-6 bird run. We will be using chukars for this event.

We are always looking for new members and being that this is only the second trial UFTA has held in pa i was hoping to get the word out to people in the area.
There are many trial organizations and formats that dog handlers can choose from to compete in with their loyal companion. Many of those organizations have subjective judging based solely on the judge's opinion. The UFTA rules have been set to eliminate any bias on the judges part and remove as much subjectivity as possible so that we can provide a fair competition for a handler to compete with his dog.

Our rules and objectives are really quite simple. With a twenty minute time limit you hunt a 7 - 12 acre field to point/flush and bag 3 birds. You are allowed 6 shells to bag the 3 birds and your dog must retrieve to within one step of you for full credit. Each shell you use results in a deduction of points, as will a partial retrieve. Once you bag your 3rd bird and leash your dog, the time stops and you are awarded 2 points for each minute you have left.

To put it simply, the team that find 3 birds the fastest and has the most shells left wins!

The UKC recognizes all of the field championships that your dog earns and will be on there papers and you will receive a plaque from them as well.

UFTA holds a national event every year which is held at Doublehead resort in Alabama where over 600 dogs will attend and over $85,000 in cas and prizes was given away last year, it just keeps growing every year.
So if this is something that you might be interested in.

You can go to http://www.ufta-online.com for more info or call me at 724-809-5127 or email me at batarquinio@hotmail.com