Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Legality of leaving pamphlets on windshields

I had a thought today about buying a bunch of those Slim Jims from Ron Paul's campaign and putting them under people's windshield wipers when their cars are parked in public commuter parkings lots, but I'm not sure of the legality of this.

Proud member of:

(Chester County)

Default Re: Legality of leaving pamphlets on windshields

No idea about the legality of it (it's going to depend on what township, burough, city, county, etc. that you're in).

Legal or not, you'll certainly annoy the hell out of most people. I like your intent (being a huge Ron Paul fan) but people who touch my car/motorcycle/property generally piss me off to no end.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Lehigh County)

Whenever someone sticks some kind of advertisement under my wiper, I make it a point to not only discard said advertisement, but also to boycott whatever it was advertising. It really is that annoying.

Your heart's in the right place, but I'd advise getting his word out in more surreptitious ways.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    Whenever someone sticks some kind of advertisement under my wiper, I make it a point to not only discard said advertisement, but also to boycott whatever it was advertising. It really is that annoying.

Your heart's in the right place, but I'd advise getting his word out in more surreptitious ways.
    Couldn't agree more. This is the one thing that I can guarantee will piss me off to no end. It isn't YOUR car, don't mess with it. If I catch someone in the act I will give them a good talking to about the meaning of private property.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Snyder County)

I hate when I get something on my windshield. I work in an industrial park, so many food places will roll through putting their menus on every car. I will look at it only long enough to see who it is and remember never to order from them. Then I throw it away.

As someone else said, I appreciate your interest in supporting Paul, but I feel there are better ways to get the word out.

(Montgomery County)

Yeah, you guys are right, it is frustrating. I'll just scratch that idea.

Proud member of:

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    Yeah, you guys are right, it is frustrating. I'll just scratch that idea.
    Probably a good idea. A group I belonged to wanted to distribute at the local mall. We were advised the local PD might just tag us for littering.

(Northumberland County)

correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that the PA Primary will make any difference, as the race will most likely be decided by then...

I Like Paul as well, however I dont think that our voices will be heard here in PA, since most candidates will have dropped out.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Drew View Post
    ...however I dont think that our voices will be heard here in PA....
    You got that right. The RP did not even put forth a full slate of candidates. No candidate knocked on my door asking for my vote. No candidate mailed a flyer askign for my vote, the local RP did not mail a sample RP ballot. The local RP did not even have the website updated after the primary. It is the attitude of the RP that is killing this registered voter.

We need to get the party stronger again. Strong enough to say "we were really left of center when Reagan was President."

Sorry for thread hi-jack...off my soap box now.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAhunter View Post
    Probably a good idea. A group I belonged to wanted to distribute at the local mall. We were advised the local PD might just tag us for littering.
    They would probably have a hard time making it stick unless there is some specific ordinance that prohibits the activity. It is a lock that the mall has such a policy. If you decide to ignore the policy you will probably receive a call from Mall Security and maybe a threatening letter. If you're real lucky, they may fine you. Of course, you don't have to pay it.
    Never underestimate the value of early training.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast